Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Pain..

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brittany

I'm Going to presume you have seen a doctor about this. If not can I assume that you will. It is very important when joining this site that you rule out all possible physical reasons for your pain so that we can deal with only reasons on the mental side or minor physical ones. We would feel very bad if something we said caused you pain. 
Could you try flavoured "yogurt" or "cup of soup"  There is a small problem that if you have an ulcer (not impossible) milk will make it worse as will sugar. Ginger mint is a good tea to calm both your nerves and stomach.

Heart full of air. Are you talking about a hollow gurgley feeling under your sternum? Stomach feels like it is in a big knot. These are panic symptoms but they could also be re-flux.
Do Tums help? You have to put something in your stomach even if all it is, is week tea. 

Are you on any tranquillizers or anti anxiety medication? It looks like you may need it for a while. I promise to work with you when it is time to with draw. Please talk to your doctor.

I know first hand what you are going through. This can not hurt you. We can help you make it go away. It will take time but you will learn to make it go away. Have you tried any of the relaxation tools in the program?

I agree with Jason,  we need more information. What sets you off? Could you have a cold or the flu also. Being sick makes panic worse.

Remember when you are scared that we all went through that and we are okay, you will be also. Panic is scary but it is curable, very curable. Post any time and post often. Time zones will cause a lag but some one will get back to you as soon as they can.

Here for you.
Davit.

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi brittany:  Hang in there, we hear you.  Sounds like you are going through a rough patch right now.  Keep posting, we care.  If your body feels all tense and tight from panic/anxiety, could you try to relax in a hot bath?  I read that your stomach is hurting, have you eaten anything today?  could you try a cup of warm milk?  Chamomile tea? sipped slowly.  A little later if you haven't eaten, can you try some crackers and beef broth.  I find the above-mentioned things helpful, just trying to make lots of suggestions for you.
If the pains continue or you have had them lots before, have you seen your doctor about them?
Lots of questions, I know.

Thinking of you, Sunny

13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brittany,

Can you explain your situation a little more? Do you suffer from anxiety or panic?  If, so have you seen a doctor about it? 

Its really sounds like things are challenging right now for you with your present symptoms.  While many of your symptoms could be related to possible panic or anxiety, I think you should consult your doctor to get a proper consultation.

We are here for you, please post back with more information.

Jason, Bilingual Health Educator
13 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heart feels like it's full of air.. stomach is constantly aching, no appetite, ever. 

I'm exhausted, scared, and depressed, I don't know what to do anymore. I want it to go away

Reading this thread: