Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Feeling nearly 100% and then bad anxiety again

14 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

Sounds like you handled it well and have come out of it OK. I know how scary that kind of stuff can be.
I also think it's great you came on here to share because I know it does me good when I do it.
You've all helped me a lot.

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was at five in the morning and I did go right back to sleep. I feel a little rung out but other than that I doubt it will have any affect on the day. If I hadn't taken the time to write it I might be questioning whether it happened at all. :-)

Davit.
Everyone.

I have been having hallucinations from my medication. I have to take the meds so it has been something I have just lived with and for the most part it has been funny. But today I let my circumstances get the better of me. I was still dwelling on them when I went to bed. I could feel the pressure building but hoped it would pass. And it almost did. But then I woke from a mixed up claustrophobic dream and went into panic right away. A pretty mild panic but panic all the same. More nightmare than anything. Just agitation, none of the physical symptoms. It is gone now and if I wasn't having trouble sleeping I might not have even noticed it. I might well have slept through it or not had it in the first place. I have a busy day today so I had best get some more sleep. I've analysed the dream and found it stupid and unlikely so I should be able to discard it. Back to sleep.

Davit.
Thanks for the helpful info, Davit. I will look into it.
I am taking both to calm my anxiety, but I have been known to over do things. LOL

Tonight I did a relaxation and inspiration exercise. It's by Dr. Emmett Miller. I have used it before and then downloaded the mp3 again last night. The CD I had of it had totally erased. It's about 25 minutes long and is set to beautiful music. It really relaxed me. I am going to continue to use it. My therapist first told me about it about 6 years ago.
Wrestler.

You mentioned taking your usual vitamins and magnesium. You know that magnesium has an effect on heart rate and it can lower it. Also Diazapam will lower it too. This can give you a faint feeling that can be mistaken for confusion or dislocation. I too have had a moments confusion ruin the rest of the day and have no idea why it does it so I try to ignore it. There is a site called drugs .com where you can put in all your vitamins, minerals, food and medication and it will tell you if you should use caution taking them together. Some of my meds have to be an hour apart and some bind to calcium or iron and are wasted so can't be taken at the same time. Cold medication should not be taken with Diazapam. Oddly enough Tylenol can be taken with most things. 

Davit. 
Thanks for the recent posts. I have been keeping my log and just finished logging about an anxious experience I had today. It happened at about 1:15 while I was driving. I got this confusing vision of myself (either dissociation or depersonalization, hard to tell them apart sometimes) that has happened a lot of times over the years. I was feeling pretty good most of the day. I did take a whole diazepam (5mg) in the am before work. I took it in two half doses about 20 minutes apart. I also took some magnesium and my usual vitamins. Not really sure why I had this episode today, but it affected me the rest of the day. Funny how a few seconds of confusion can throw you off for a while. But, once again, I went on with my day, only taking another half a diazepam and came home to my lovely wife a few hours later and am now getting ready for my workout.

This episode could have been related to something that was said in your posts about our meds affecting us by calming us in a normal state. I also know that around lunch time or after, I sometimes get these feelings. I also know how rotten I felt on from Wednesday to Friday and worked so hard over the weekend to bring myself back to feeling a lot better, so maybe this was just a setback that won't last long.

Thanks you for posting and helping me,
David
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler:  Congratulations!  sounds like you are on your way to healing.  You did great.  Those extra floaty type feelings will pass in time.  Our muscles are so tight during anxiety/panic when we start to relax them we may get that feeling afterwards.  Have a good day!
14 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wrestler,
I think you were right in saying it was a success because you made your way through it.  I think as some of us feel better and make improvements, we do get disappointed, maybe even depressed just because we have an anxious experience.  You reminded me with your post, that we need to celebrate all successes or successfully handled situations.  When you said that anxiety is always followed by some disappointment/depression, it rang a bell with something I had been wondering about as well.  I wonder if maybe some of that could be caused by the medications we take for anxiety.  We take medication that works to decrease our anxiety in the most anxious/alert stages.  Then when that really high level of anxiety decreases, I wonder if the medications then have somewhat of a depressive effect because they are calming us in a normal state.  Just a thought.  Keep up the good work!
Ariel
Thanks for the responses. And thanks for saying that about my wife. She's the nicest person I have ever met and luckily I married her :)
What did getting through that day mean to me? Well, my answer is good and a little bad. I know it gave me some confidence while at the same time scaring me. But being that I went right on with my day and did not have a full anxiety/panic attack, it was a success. But I am feeling the after effects. I feel kind of blank, depressed and a bit out of touch. Today I felt OK and went about my day with my inspections. But what usually follows any anxiety is depression. I remember listening to the radio today (talk radio) (about 4 pm) and I kind of got lost in what they were saying at a traffic light. I was listening very carefully and focused. It was almost like I had forgotten I was not feeling that good. Then when I started to think again, I felt a little out of body/dissociation/depersonalization. But this kind of thing normally follows any kind of anxiety I have. But I am not letting it win. I also get this feeling sometimes when I am going through a depressive stage that very good feelings are just a short time away. I had that this afernoon and am having it now.

I then came home, had some whey and worked out. Just finished. Now it's time for dinner. I guess I am also a little down because I have to work half a day Saturday.

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Wrestler!

Good for you for getting through it.  It sounds like that was a very scarey situation and you fought through it.  Amazing!  

I love that you are doing yoga also! I have no doubt that it will help with your anxiety.

I find it so sweet that your wife noticed you were not feeling well. Give her a big hug for us for being such a great support to you. 

What did getting through this day mean to you? 

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: