Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello: an introduction.

13 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenniferlee,

I just wanted to say 'hi'!  I am new to this site as well and think it is such a great community!  You said you have a hard time describing the dizziness and feelings of detachment to others, well I know exactly what you mean.  The sense of detachment and feeling light-headed was how my panic attacks first started.  The detached feeling really was the dominant symptom for me in the early days.  And it is really hard to describe to people who have never experienced it.  So I just wanted to say, I understand completely!

Hope all is well,
Addie
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita.

Good example of using a medication as an adjunct, and a good example of attitude towards it.
Thank you, and I feel strongly that you will eventually get the chemical changes that made it necessary back in line so you don't need it. If not well what does it matter you are not using it as a crutch you are using it to help build freedom.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenniferlee,
I started here in April...after having anxiety/panic for over 20 years I'd had enough, and was willing to do anything to improve my life. Finding this program has been like a miracle for me...esp. learning the  the 10 questions...it took a  while, but it just came together over the past few months. I hardly have any negative thoughts now,and when I do I automatically challenge them and presto! Gone! So that vicious cycle is stopped...meaning no panic! Ya!
I have children too, but they are 18 and 21...so I, like you, used to worry all the time about getting sick, or dying and leaving them...but you know what I discovered?
I found out that I "needed" to worry..there would always be something else to keep me anxious about... so when my oldest was 20ish, thats when I started to get even worse anxiety...the "what ifs?" ate me up.
 Its good that you are here getting help... you don't have to go it alone anymore, we are all here for the same reason.  I'm sure we all understand what you are saying.
Just to be clear, I do take a SSRI...Celexa, 20 mgs daily. I started on it at the same time..I believe it helped me be able to calm down enough to really concentrate on the CBT program. I hope not to have to be on it forever...who knows though?
Please post as much as you want ...and good luck with the program!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenniferlee

I really related to what you posted. I am confident if you use this site, you will see improvements. I joiined about 6 months ago and to answer your question: YES! emphatically! I have a better quality of life now than ever before. It took some work, but it was all worth it and i started to feel some relief which kept me motivated even during setbacks. the site really helps you to understand coping, breathing, negative vs. positive thoughts, and everything else that factors into managing anxiety. 

It can be done. you can feel much much freer than you feel right now with the negative thoughts. When I started the program I had hundreds of negative thoughts every day that were running around wild in my mind and causing all sorts of havoc. I have at least 80% of them under management now, they are not allowed to run loose and cause havoc. I learned that with the site, some outside counselling for additional support (cheerleading which i needed) and reading on mind and thoughts and their role.

Good luck to you. Post any questions you have. There are lots of people with insight here.

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're welcome Jenniferlee. :)
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW!! I am overwhelmed with all the responses....thank you for being so supportive...
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Jeniferlee, i know just how you feel, i have suffered the dizziness for ages and i have been tested for everything you can think of, convinced there is someunderlying cause (still havent ruled out the ears completely) and i have tried accupuncture and hypnotherepy, as well as the book before deciding to give my mind a rest for a while, i am now taking 10mg of Prozac and am feeling a little better, i have booked into therepy and found this site, I love this site its a little world of wonderful people who understand how you are feeling and never jusdge anything, no matter what you feel someone here will understand, i have a daughter and a husband who rarely works so i am the main support in the family, i was always worried i would get sick and wondered what would happen to her, now i am learning to worry a little less about things that are out of my control and thats a good thing :) good luck and we are here for you
xxx
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jenniferlee,

One thing I can tell you is that this program and support group has really helped me in so many ways and I believe it can help you too. The second thing is that you will never have to go it alone here.  There are many people here who will support you along the way...

Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jenniferlee.  Looks like a lot of us can identify with GAD and worry about symptoms.  Hope to hear from you again.  We are a friendly lot here and there's always someone who will respond quickly.  Ask as many questions as you want, even if you think they are silly.  We will try and answer them and be there for you.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jenniferlee!

You have come to the right place!  As you can read in the support group many members have benefited and even changed their lives due to this site.  If you put the work in you will see progress.  Make a schedule of when you plan on working on the program.  Reward yourself for your successes and be sure to post often!  We are here to support you through this. 

I look forward to reading more from you!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: