Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

new guy help!!

13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello all. my name is micah.im a 31 yr old male.from the usa.i am seeking help.with my panic attacks.can this program help?and how does it work?      
 i find my self haveing more attacks lately,they come out of noware.i can be watching tv and they happen. and a flash or rapid movement also seems to bring on an attack. it feels like i cant breath and my chest hurts feels real tight.ive gone to the er two times with this and the first dr told me that i had a panic attack because my blood gases was low,he said it cause from me drinking a monster energy drink. well they sent me on my way home. so i passed it off as the dr was right.then about 2 weeks later i had another attack i went to a differant hospital,and they told me that i had pulled a muscle in my chest.they treated me like i was just there for drugs,and after i told them i didnt want pain meds then they told me i had chest wall pains and sent me home.
some time past after the er vist.and for the past mth ive had 4 big attacks were i felt like i couldnt breath and my chest hurt and i felt sick to my belly. the most of my attacks are small were i can feel them comeing on and i start to tell myself mind over matter.that sometimes works,but sometimes it dont.
i worry about being alone and haven a big attack and not haven a person to save me.i mostly worry when im the only one at home mainly when my wife is at work.im a stay at home dad cause i had a bad motor cycle wreck and broke both of my legs and i have trouble walking sometimes. i also worry that i mite have a big attack when my kids are home and i dont want them to see that. and with me worrying about all this it brings on the small attacks.
when i have these attacks i feel like im going to die and i worry im going to have a big attack that mite kill me.
im sorry about the poor grammer,spelling,and run on sentances.i am not good at writeing letters........
            thank you for any help that you can offer me or any advice
                                    micah

Reading this thread: