Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

So Sleepy....

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladypugh

A lot of little things that were overshadowed by the bigger picture may come to the forefront as you progress. As long as they have no physical reason to be there then they are best ignored if possible. Relaxation and coping skills work for anxiety no matter how it manifests itself.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh and I have been able to combat my negative thoughts pretty well this week. I'm still getting the dry heaving even when I dont feel like im anxious. I'm not really sure what that is.
well the sleep study showed that I have mild sleep apnea. So I'm getting fitted for an oral device which should be here in two weeks

Thanks David. I think because i'm new in my faith that its easy for me to get thrown off of the right place
Ladypugh.

God does help those who help themselves. God could perform a miracle and cure you, but you would probably wonder if it really happened. Lean on God for support while you do the work. And when you start to get better and you will consider this a miracle because it will feel miraculous and I think it is. God works in mysterious ways and some times they don't seem logical but they are. This program could be God's answer to your prayers, you are here for a reason and that reason is to get cured, just as my reason to be here is to help.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck Ladypugh - I hope you get some answers. 
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladypugh,

I think it's great you did a sleep study!  I am interested to know the results!

Keep fighting!

Ashley, Health Educator
Well, I went ahead and had a sleep study done last night. Dont know if it did a whole lot of good since I dont think I slept very long or if I did, I didnt sleep well. I remember having a dream. I guess we will see what happens.
I'm really ready for this anxiety to go away. I have good days (memorial day weekend was great) and and I have bad weeks, this being one of them.

My faith says that I need to trust in God to provide for me and that will help me nip this in the bud. God surely knows that its not that easy, but I'm claiming it will end soon.  

Sleep disturbances are pretty common with panic and you know how anxiety can turn around things that give us pleasure so they become painful. I still have trouble with sleep, some times I can't sleep, some times I can't stay awake. So it could just be anxiety, but you will not know unless you do the sleep clinic. If nothing else It may give you peace of mind so you can sleep. I have too much on my mind right now so I am having trouble sleeping. In my case it will pass. I wish I could be like my cats, not a care in the world and both asleep.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not sure.  It could be interesting if you got a consultation though.  Just an idea.

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley,

Indeed I did think about having a sleep study done, but I never had problems sleeping before the panic attacks. I suppose I could go have one done, but I thought, wouldnt it be a waste of time If I went and never fell asleep?

Reading this thread: