Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

stressful days :(

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hey everyone,

thankyou so much for all the advice and making me feel less alone. jhori we dont get programs like that in england-people are very unsupportive around here even medical staff!!

i do need to make some goals and need something to get me out of depression but that is definately easier said than done.i have spoken to many freinds about things and they have given me some good advice- i am finding it extremly difficult at the moment with my hormones up and down, sickness etc!!!but maybe this is something to keep my mind pre-occupied and get me over these panic attacks?? today hasnt been to bad but i have been out which i am finding easier. 

can anyone make suggestions of any goals i can make??

i think i am just going to go for a meal for my birthday something quite. thanks for all listening and being so supportive it means so much

xx

15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karla,

You def. aren't alone with us around!  Where I live, there are programs with the county that specifically help women with children, anything like that you could look into?  Also, having a dream like that for your daughter is a great thing!!  Make that your goal, your primary focus, something to pull you out of the depression because you know your daughter is worth the world, and surviving is the only option!

Cheers,
15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Karla:

Thanks for understanding the need for the separate post.

You know what when we are going through stressful or lousy days (in my case)  we never think it will end, but it does.  I know I've been there.  I never thought I would have some not so lousy days, but I do.

One thing to keep in mind that you have come through whatever you have in the past and survived (obviously).  Although things seem overwhelming at the time, when taken into context or as the moderators have suggested broken down into smaller pieces it can be manageable.

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karla,

You are not alone, please remember that we are here to help you through this journey. This may be a scarry time for you however there are many resources available to you that can help you make the best decisions like a family planning centre. Do you have any family that you can speak to?

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

ok right, yestersay i found out im pregnant!! (quite a shock to say the least). i am on the pill, also need hospital treatment well coal cogulation for pre cancerous cells, i feel very scared and alone my partner was not very helpful!!

i dont no what to do but 1 thing im surprised about i didnt have a PA!!!

xx

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Karla,

I think Josie gave you some fantastic advice. I echo her on the fact it is your birthday so do what feels good to you! Make it a fun day for yourself on your terms!

Hang in there Karla, it does get better! 

Wish I had something better to offer you, but we are here for you. This too shall pass!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
karla,

The weather can be crippling and you need to realize that you are able to get out there and not enable it to overtake you.  Are the relaxation techniques working?  Does the exercise energize you?

If these techniques are working, then use them nightly to help you relax and ease you into sleep.  Enjoy your daughter and take some mommy and daughter time!

Snowball fights, snow castles,  and the library are all very small things that you can do to help you connect.  Do something low key on your birthday, after all it is your birthday and you get to decide.! Take the day to rest and relax and do make it about you

Josie, Health Educator

also i would just like to leave my daughter a few things like have a stable up bringing and not have to struggle like me but that seems hopless.

i do write things down now and yes it does help because when it is written down it you dont worry about it so much whether it is frustrating thoughts or bills, i would suggest it to anyone who has alot on there mind. thanku for all your suggestions by the way. its horrible when you feel so alone. also CM no offence taken, i think its good to all have our own posts for a rant.haha. i just didnt think at the time when i was so down and depressed and upset.but hey its ok now.

xx

hey

ok this is my post to vent out all my stress and frustration, i am trying relaxation techniques and also more exercise, and hot stone therapy as it is meant to be good for anxiety and depression along with acheing muscles etc.

i am struggling at the moment and i doont think it helps that it is winter and the credit crunch. i thought i was getting better as now i can drink fizzy drinks but my mental state has got worse. i think i need things to keep myself occupied, but nothing seems to interest me anymore, it all seems a waste of time,hopeless. i feel down alot and sick with a lump in my throat and crying.its my birthday sat and people want to celebrate it but i just want to ignore that it is my birthday but people cant understand that?am i weird to feel this way?

any suggestions?anyone got over this?

xx

Reading this thread: