Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Diva news...

15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, Doc!  We're rooting for ya! 
15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Diva:

Hope all goes well at the clinic tomorrow, let us know.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Diva!
Let us know how it went

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys,

I got through my weekend. I had such a crazy two weeks. By Sunday I was wiped! I took it very easy yesterday. But today, I have some really bad lower back pain. It started last Friday and hasn't really gone away. It is hard for me not to feel anxious and freak out since this coincides with taking new meds. I keep thinking it is my kidneys that are affected by the new medication. But then I tell myself it could be a ton of other things, like the extreme cold we are having at the moment. One way or another I won't be able to go to work today as I need to go to the clinic. I feel really bad for missing work and acting all hysteric over this but i figure better safe then sorry! So that is me for now, trying not to blame my new medication for al my ailments!

Hi Ya Diva:

Glad to hear you are adjusting to the new meds and you should give yourself a pat on the back too.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

It is so good to hear that you are staying in contact with your therapist.

You mentioned that you have another big weekend ahead of you, does it include any time for yourself or things that you enjoy? Don't forget about yourself during these big weekends!

Sarah, Health Educator
Lol! It seems I have answered everything I had anything remotely interesting to say about lol! But I will be back to let you know how my evening went!
Hey guys,

Wow do I ever feel loved. I come back to tons of posts asking how I am, thank you all! 

First, Michael I want to thank you for your reply. There are things in life on needs to hear at specific moments. Your post was one of those. I needed to hear a positive testimony. I needed to hear of someone else who felt like I do and got help from the meds and then feels better. It is good to see even a big strong guy can need help. Thanks so much for sharing with me. Your post uplifted me!

Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have processed my feelings. That thought challenging helps. Even the thoughts that are true were helped by this. I can't challenge them but understanding them helps! Good tools!

As for staying in contact with my therapist, well I definitely intend to do that. In fact, I am staying in touch with both my therapist and my doctor! I find that incredibly important!

As for the nap, it feels like all I did since wednesday is work and nap. But I was incredibly tired. Now tonight I am going out again. I have another big weekend ahead of me.

Hey Karla and CM,

Thanks so much for your replies and inquieries! It means a lot to me.

Well I think I am getting some side effects. I feel a bit dizzier and light headed. I make sure to change positions slowly especially when getting up! I am definitely experiencing dry mouth. Sometimes I think I am getting rapid pounding heartbeats but when I take my pulse it is at 80 beats per minutes which is far from being all that fast lol. I am not sure what side effects are real and which ones are just me driving myself nuts lol. But I am slowly settling into it and have not felt all that poorly considering I am starting new meds. Oh and no allergic reaction in sight yet so that is good! So I am hanging in there, taking my meds and hoping the benefits are high and the side effects miniaml. Also, I know that a lot of side effects subside once your body adjusts to the meds. So all in all I am hopeful. Even though I beleive pills don't teach skills, I figure if it can give me a little boost so I can focus on my CBT more, I will take it!

I had a big week. And on top of it I started my meds. So I am pretty proud of myself for getting through my week. Ok so today I slept litterally all day but am still proud lol. Tonight I am going out with my dad and his wife. I am feeling a bit anxious. But I will do fine as always, I am sure. The anticipation is often worse then actually going. The meds have me feeling a bit unsteady which contributes to my anxiety. But my hubby will be there and I am sure he will take good care of me.

Well I had better got get ready! Off I go! See you soon guys! I will try to finish answering all your posts when I get back!

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hey

how are you feeling?how are the meds?

Michael I hope you don't mind me asking but what is the name of the book your therapist wrote & where can you purchase it?

(Diva I hope you don't mind me jumping in on the conversation but I couldn't pass on finding about a life changing book)

Reading this thread: