Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Diva news...

15 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its normal to get impatient and frustrated.  We are all here for you and happy to listen....or see I should say

Have a great long weekend!
Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello gilkey,

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragements and prayers . I am glad that you are feeling a lot better. And you are right, this too really shall pass. I just get to feeling impatient once in a while!  Thanks for your support, it means a lot!

Hello Joe,

Thanks for stopping in and saying hello! How have you been? You are right, a better life IS just around the corner! Thanks for reminding me . Thanks for thinking of me and I hope to get news of you soon!

-Doc
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diva,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!  Been a little while for myself as well.  Remember to keep your head up, although your going through the sleep spells right now, you and I both know that better life is just around the corner and you are someone who can get there...and deserves it!!

Sorry I don't have time to read up on everything right now...but I had to stop by and let you know I was thinking of you

Cheers!

15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

You will get to feeling better!  Just look through some of my post.  I remember thinking that it was hopeless and, yet, there you were (and others) to motivate and inspire.  Well, I am a lot better now and trying to stay that way with healthy habits.

I know it's sometimes hard to believe that "..this too shall pass" but, it really will. 

After you have suffered a little while, you will be stronger for it. 

You are always in my prayers (all of you are).

Thank you guys for the encouragement, advice and counsel.
Hello Sweatbee,

Thank you so much for your reply. You are so very nice. It means a lot to me that you would take the time :) 

I hope the meds will start to work for me soon too. Mostly, I have taken some decision in the last few days that I think will help me in the long run. I spoke to my loved ones and they seem to agree with me.

As for sleeping a lot, I am trying to cut myself some slack and tell myself I should listen to my body if it is asking for sleep.  And you are right, I would tell my friend to rest and sleep if you need it. And that is what I am trying to do today. I am trying to figure out ways to put things in place so I can be a better friend to myself. 

As for my mom, she is the best and I am very lucky and grateful to have her. 

And yes, once I feel better I do intend to contribute! But yeah, I can't give what I don't have you are very right.

So yes, I will take care of myself and I will get better. Thank you again for your support. It means a lot to me!

I am off to go for a nap! 
15 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Diva,

Don't feel bad for not being able to answer everyone, I think everyone will just be happy to hear that your ok.
       hopefully your meds will start to work for you. Don't feel bad about sleeping alot, after all you had trouble sleeping
      in the past, it's just your body trying to catch up, and also the body repairs it's self when we sleep so take the time for
     yourself! after all would'nt you tell a friend the same thing? So be good to yourself you deserve it!
     And  don't feel bad about asking your mom for help, she just wants to help you any way she can so you can get
    back on your feet, besides thats what moms like to do for their kids !!! It makes us feel good !
   About feeling guilty  for not contributing, don't when you feel better I know you will be their for everyone else
   it's just the type of wonderful  person you are, it shows in your posts! Like they say you can't get water from an empty
  well, so take care of you!  we wish you the best!

Hi guys,

Thanks for your support and for asking about me. I really do appreciate it. I am sorry I fell off the face of the world again.

I have gone to the doctor and they did a urine analysis and said I was ok. I am going to my doc in two weeks and since I still have pain once in a while I will have her check it out too. But I think all is well.

Up to now, the meds are not so bad. I have a few mild side effects but mostly I am no worse off. I do not know about benefits yet but then again I have not taken the meds for 4 weeks yet and they say it can take up to six weeks before I get the benefits. So, I am waiting to see. Well, I might have some benefits. I think I have been less anxious in the last week and a half or so. In the last two weeks I have taken less of my anxiety meds. So I might be getting that benefit, I am not sure yet. But it would be nice if the AD helped.

Lately I have been extremely exhausted. I get up, go to work, come home, nap, watch tv, sleep and I start all over again. I try to do some housework... I have not been taking my walks or doing my yoga. I sleep a lot. This makes me feel so lazy and guilty. My therapist and my husband tell me to just sleep and recuperate and stop being so hard on myself. But I can't help thinking that sleeping 12 hours a day is unproductive and lazy and undisciplined of me. I feel like I should do more and be better. I feel guilty and frustrated and like I am letting everyone one including myself.

I have had to ask help from my mom. She has been helping me with my laundry and my dishes and shopping and admissions form writing. She also helps with class preparation for my work. I feel so guilty and stupid for needing help for all that. I know she does it willingly because she loves me. She says I am good company and she likes spending time with me and that I am one of the good things in her life. She is the best. But I feel guilty. I feel like I should be the one taking care of her, helping her. I feel like I am a bad daughter and a failure. I depend on my parents for so much. I am lucky to have such great parents. I just wish I was better for them.

I am sorry that I have not been posting. I am also sorry that I have come here and posted without answering all of your posts.

That is why I have not been posting. I am so tired. I am exhausting. Sometimes I would like to come post here but I am too tired to answer all of you so I do not post at all. I feel like, if I have nothing to contribute, I should not post at all. That id why you have not heard from me, because I was so tired and could not contribute.

My therapist says that is how I end up feeling alone and isolated. I do this in real life too. If I do not feel like I will contribute I just don't hang out with people. I don't like feeling like I am a burden. I like being able to help and support and contribute. It makes me feel good.

I often feel that if I cannot help, I do not deserve help. So today, I decided to stop being isolated and post anyway, even if I am too tired to answer others. But I feel like a leech. I feel guilty.

I am going to go for a nap now. But I do want to say I believe in my heart that it will get better. I will be fine. Once I get over being so tired all will be well. My anxiety is under control and I have a good life. I am just exhausted and vulnerable feeling lately. But things get better, this too shall pass.
15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Diva:

Haven't heard from you in a bit & wondering how it's going?

Let us know if your ok.
15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Michael:

Thanks very much for your information and glad to hear the book has changed your life. I am planning to buy the book if I can.  I did check a couple of websites and they said the book was out of print right now as it was being up-dated.
15 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM

Sorry for the delay in responding!  The book is Called "Make Room for Happines" by Dr. Steven Melemis, it can be bought through Amazon.com...I follow his techniques and honestly it has changed my life.  The techniques are very simple and the writing is to the point.  If you do get hold of this book Just try doing the exercise...now it is like second nature to me and I can be driving the car and having negative thoughts and just employ some of the exercises and my thoughts just gently fade.  I started in September and I am 100 per cent more effective at taking charge of my emotions....good luck

Michael

Reading this thread: