Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Diva news...

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's right Diva!
It will get better, and you can do it!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies and your advice! And yes I will challenge the depression. I am too stubborn to give up on myself. I fall on the road often enough but I always get, up, dust myself up and keep going.

Talking of being down. I do not think I will get into the doctorate's program i want to get into. It has more to do with popularity contests then grades. I am good at grades but not at popularity contests.../sigh. But I am trying to find plan Bs and not let this get to me too much! Yesterday was bad but now I am starting to try be proactive and constructive. But I have been having a few very tough days.

I am still overhwlemed by my house. What a mess! and by my finances! What a mess! and my marriage! What a mess!

But atm I am feeling more hopefull. I figure, I can do this. IT is a lot to deal with so I try to think of it in terms of one little objective at a time lol. More manageable that way. When I start thinking globally again I remeind myself it isnot productive, challenge my thoughts and try to work on the task again.

Unfortunately I am back on the meds again to help me sort through all of this. so I am working on forgiving myself for taking the pills lol. I will get off them when it is time!

So all in all, tough few days but much much hope that it will get better! I can do this! I am a fighter!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kinda funny how that works, gotta work hard for the big things, and appreciate the little ones.

Challenge the depression as well, Doc!  The things you fight today and tomorrow, may not pay off until next month...but it's better to fight it, then become a victim to it.  Maybe you could take a one day break from it all, where you go and do something completely out of routine.  I did that this weekend, still felt a bit of the anxiety during, but the aftereffects...I couldn't be happier with them.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   It is so good to hear that your day and work went well!   Sometimes to-do lists can be more overwhelming than anticipated but by organizing them into simple time lines, they will seem much more achievable. For example, have you thought about separating your list into short-term and long-term goals? Short-term goals may be those things that need to be completing within the next week and long-term goals can be those that need to be completed within the next month (or even year!). By creating a time-line within the list, your goals are more prioritized and they also seem easier to complete.   Let us know how the rest of the week goes for you!     Sarah, Health Educator
Hey CM,

You are right. The depression does exacerbate just about everything. That means more work to keep things under control and myself feeling ok. But hey, who said life had to be perfect lol. And yes, the depression makes me feel alone. So thank you for your replies :)

As for the peaks and valleys, I totally get what you mean. You explained it very well. And it is so true. You are right, peaks and valleys. Yesterday was definetely a valley. today is on the rise a bit. So thank you so much for your support.

Hiya Breanne,

Work went pretty well today. It was my first class with that student. I think it went well and that it will go well in the future, I hope! So all in all it was ok. Thank you for the support!

Today went well up to now. I got up, got ready. I even put some good music on as I got ready. I also bothered to dress pretty. My class went well. My student seems nice. It was our first class together. I think it will go well. I felt relatively at ease which is nice. Now I am home and I will prepare for tomorrows meeting, I wish I had more energy for it and less stress. I might have to take an anxiety pill.I feel like a pressure cooker that is about to blow. My mind is racing with the to-do list from h**l and it is hard for me to focus. I just really want this meeting to go well. But I hate taking the pills. I know how bad it is to abuse those. I also know they create adiction. Bleh!  But hey my day went well and now I will go prepare for tomorrow! Focus on the positive!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

That's what we're here for! To listen to each other and support one another.
Let us know how work went today

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Diva:

No it's not just you, although when you're depressed you feel you're the only one.  I think depression exacerbates  almost anything!

Sorry you are having a bad day.  You know what my former psychotherapist said to me when I told him I thought the road to recovery should be smooth.  He said life isn't a straight line, it's more like peaks and valleys and some straight lines along the way. (I could convey my point better in a graph, but oh well).  I think you get the picture.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

To quote you "This too shall pass"

Is it just me or depression really exarcerbates anxiety and PD and GAd and all that. Since this depression started it seems all I do is vent and whine. Sorry guys.
Heya CM,

Yes I have a great therapist! I am very grateful. It is expensive as I pay for this out of my own pocket. But I figure, ehy I am so broke what is the difference! I need it! He is very good, he helps me a lot. Unfortunately atm I can only afford to see him in a month.

As for my graduation I will post in successes!

As for today, I am not doing so well. I am not really having PAs. Haven'T had an actual fullblown attack in super long. I have had a few little ones but I barely consider them attacks at all and even those are few and far beween. What is killing me is the constant pressure inside. I feel like a pressure cooker that is about to blow at anytime. And I feel this stress or tension or ansiety (call it whatever you want) all the time lately! It is exhausting. I sfeel stretched out and thin and under pressure! I worry a lot too. I guess atm I am more GAD then PD! Urgh who knows. Does the diagnostic matter all that much?

I am tired. Well less tired than usual. The sleeping pills have been helping a bit. I am also hormonal (that time of the month, sorry gentlemen!)!!! I am really anxious.

I start work on Monday. And I have a super important meeting on Tuesday. That meeting could decide my academic future and I am not nearly ready to go! I am just not getting anywhere. I can't seem to manage to do anything. I feel like a hamster in a wheel! I run and I don't get anywhere. I feel like a big lazy failure. Here I am with a great opportunity ahead of me and I can't even manage to get ready for it. How lame! I feel so horrible and overhwlemed! 

I talked to my mom. she will come over tomorrow night and help me with a few things. Tonight she helped me prepare my class for my student. I am so behind on everything. And that meeting is so importnat. Man I am blowing this cause I can't seem to do anything except spin my wheels for no reason.

As you can see today is a bad day and I need to start applying my thought challenging skills. I am sad, depressed, tired, anxious and overhwlemed to the extreme. This is not a good day for me! I feel lame.

I feel alone. My hubby asked what is wrong but when I tell him he doesn't answer anything. When I tell him I wish he would say something he says he doesn't know what to say. I feel alone.

I want to get control over myself. I want to get back to what I was which was organized and productive! Now I am tired and lame and lazy! I am blowing all sorts of things because of it too! I just want to fix things and I don't know how or where to start. I am so overhwlemed! Most things in my life are a mess at the moment! I just want to crawl under the blankets and hide.

Keep having to remind myself of the truth: This too shall pass! But I still feel like a pressure cooker. Like a pretty frail old pressure cooker lol. This too shall pass!
15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Diva:

Just thought I would check in to see how your graduation went.

Reading this thread: