Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Diva news...

15 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

You may not realize it, but when you post about your thoughts or current struggles, you do have a positive spin on it, and the outlook, and you really work to resolve it the situation for your best interest. Very admirable quality. Always enjoy your posts! 

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update Diva!   Although you mentioned that you are feeling edgy and anxious, it also sounds like you have a handle on all the things going on in your life right now. Continue to focus on the positives (how well you have been getting along with your student, your upcoming counseling appointment) as you start this new beginning!

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys,

Fell off the face of the world again. I am trying to do better though. Been feeling off and edgy and depressed and anxious. But today am a bit better. I went to work and that went great. I think my student really likes me so that was nice and positive reinforcements. Been having to take my anxiety pills and sleeping pills everyday. I hate that. But it will get better. I have many things on my plate at once at the moment. So all in all I am doing really well I think. ME and hubby is still rough. But we have a councelling appointment soon. At the moment am super sad and angry about us so am having trouble putting out a positive post. I fell off the face of the world but I am back and here is to new beginnings!
15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ya Diva:

Glad to hear you're feeling better, long may it last.

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear things got better!  The good days definitely outweigh the bad ones.  Cheers!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to hear that you are feeling better Diva
Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Today, I feel better. I feel finally calmer now. Sorry for all the venting lol. Today I came down from that state I was in. It really felt like coming down from something! But I feel nice and calm now. I had a pretty good day. The good days are good are they not?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Hiya Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. I would answer you questions but I am in a bit of a state. Feel like I have to stop typing, being compulsive, so I will just cut and paste from the depression Center. sorry for the cut and paste shortcut job.

So here goes:

I guess I am in a bit of a state. This happens to me once in a blue moon. I feel like I have got my finger stuck in an electric plug or something. My brain is just going so fast. And it does not matter how tired I get my brain just won't stop! So fast! At first I don't feel anxious. But if I try to stop or slow down I get very high anxiety! In this state I talk loud and talk fast and too much. I guess I do the same in writting too! I can't seem to stop. Sometimes I feel very happy and energetic. But then as I get tired I get irritable and cranky. Then I just get even more tired and I get anxious.Very very anxious. I am so highstrung inside. My body can be ouwardly calm and look calm but inside I am going fast and vibrating and my mind is racing. I am tired and everything races and it won't stop!

My psychiatrist once told me this state I am n right now is Hypomanic I think he called it.  Says I have tendencies to get into hypomanic states. Then again psychiatrists have said so many things to me over the years I have stopped listening to the names and diagnostics. I now listen only to what I can do to feel better lol. This does not happen to me very often, this state.  I am not sure what is causing it now. So I am super sorry for this. I am crying now. I am writting this as if I can keep typing it will save my life or sanity or something. Anyway, I will stop now. I guess I won't taper off my meds tonight as I had wanted after all. I guess one more night at full dose till I come out of this state can't hurt.

So that is what is going on with em right now. I am still happy with all Ihave accomplished this week. But I kind of have my hands busy trying to get down from this state whatever it is. I guess I will try to watch a movie now! Later!
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   Wow, what a great update!   How does it feel to be accomplishing all those tasks?   And with your meds, have you spoken to your doctor about dosage?   Have a great weekend and let us know how it goes!     Sarah, Health Educator
THanks Breanne!

You are right I can do this. I have been working hard on challenging my anxious thoughts. I have also been challenging this stupid depression and doing my depression center homework religiously. I have gone back to yoga yesterday also. I keep track of my moods (anxiety and depression), my sleep patterns, the meds I take, how I am getting along with the hubby, my monthly cycle (sorry gentlemen, too much info I know), I started a crap/no crap list like CM although I do mine with stickers lol. So basically I am doing my best to get back on track! Everyday, I try to tackle a few things, but just a few. By now, my kitchen is clean, which is nice and I managed to make the hubby lunches all week (and myself of course)! I also made homemade suppers. The kitchen is so nice compared to the rest of the house I almost feel like sitting in there for the day lol. Oh and hubby helped too! And he didn't complain! So he helped with the kitchen and dishes and he even cleaned the bathroom! I might go sit there a bit too lol. So two rooms down! Oh and I tackle the giant mountain of laundry and am about to see the end of it. I know this all sounds very mundane to some of you but to me all theese things were just more crap on top of the crap I need to fix so it feels nice to get some of it out of the way.

On top of it, I manged to teach yesterday. I think it went well and I think me and my student will get along just great. I think I am doing well and not too rusty.

So that is where I am at right now. I still feel edgy and jumpy and all that but still calmer and not quite so overwhelemed. I still feel overwhelmed when I think in terms of all that needs to be done so I just don't lol! I think one laundry basket at a time. .

I hate that I am still taking the meds but they help me feel sane, more normal, more like myself, less like a pressure cooker ready to explode! So I take them. We will see what happens!

Anyway, sorry am rambling. all of this to say, I am getting back on track. I will be ok. I am a survivor, a warrior and I will be just fine :)

Reading this thread: