Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Venting...

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miki,

What exactly is it that makes you want to make excuses when it comes to seeing your friend?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for pointimng that out Diva , for reminding me that even though we are feeling rubbish atm its still an improvement to what things were like before .

Miki im not suprised you feel out of salts hun you do have alot of things on your mind and going on . Hope you feel good soon , it will do you good to have a good friend to 'see' and chat to . But we are hear for you no matter what
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much Diva.
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Miki,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so blue about all this. I think it is normal though. We all have days where we just want it all gone and where we see what we are missing and feel blue. But just remember that it does get better. Remember also all the great progress you have been making! It will be no time till you pass up less and less stuff. As for talking to your friend, congratulations. It is a hard thing to do and it was very brave of you :) Hang in there Miki! It does get better.

Between you and me and everyone else (lol) even with how hard things are for me atm, my life is still overall much better then it has been and I am sure it will keep on improving with all the help I am getting from this site! So take care of yourself and remember, this too shall pass!
Thank you all of you!!

I was feeling a bit blue about this whole thing again. I feel like I am so trapped and alone at the moment. I reunited with a long lost friend the other day and I told her all about my anxiety. She seemed to be understanding but I feel like I still can't open up to her. She has called me over after that a couple of times but I've made excuses. I want to be out there and meeting people so that I'm not lonely like this but when it actually happens I totally chicken out. Everyday I do nothing yet I don't want to do anything... it really frustrates me. I want to look for a job or something I can do everyday but school will be starting next month. (Which I'm nervous about too.) Next week my husband is going to Japan to see his grandparents without me because I'm afraid to fly and I told him to go. This really bothers me... I just want it all to pass already. I see all these nice things flaunting in my face and I am letting everything just pass by. 

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Miki

First off I think it would be tough for anyone to have their spouse / loved one living away from them whether they had anxiety or not...so that's perfectly normal.  I personally have a hard time just because my hubby works a lot ...  and i mean a lot just so I can be home with our kidlets and he still lives with me...

Maybe you could figure out a way to be together more than just on weekends though... You say it's evident that he loves you when he's with you so that would be something positive to add to your life.   You can never be surrounded by too much love 

The driving is a huge accomplishment and a great step towards reaching your goal.   Maybe a goal could be a drive to visit him during the week... something to work towards maybe.

I believe you can do anything Miki and you definately have the capabilities and right mind set to get there.  We all have moments when it seems to be too much...or impossible but all those baby steps you're making amount to a huge distance when all is said in done.

I believe you can do this...it will be better.

DM 
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Cd could not have said it better: right back at you!

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Right back at ya

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good! That's what we're here for
Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Thanks so much, you guys really make me happy.

Reading this thread: