Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Having a rough time of it lately...

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, If you are feeling down, it can be helpfull to make a list of everything that makes you feel happy, or projects that you would like to accomplish that are out of your daily routine. This could help by giving you something to look forward to, and also giving you a sense of accomplishment. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva: Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Hang in there. Just wanted to tell you that you are such a positive person and you are so supportive of all the members here.I wonder if the lack of motivation is related to the long winter we are experiencing.February can be a tough month as we wait for spring to arrive. Be kind to yourself and I am sure you will feel better soon.Take care
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys, Sorry for venting some more. Lately I am really having a hard time of it. I am just so exhausted all the time. I am soo tired and I have a lot on my plate. On top of it, I feel like my emotional control is all over the place. I am all over the place emotionnally. And I cry a lot more then usual. I have no motivation to do all the many things that need to get done. I care and yet I can't seem to care enough to get things done. And this freaks me out because I have been prone to depression. And lately I havw been really pushing myself. So I don't know if I am entering a burn-out or depression or if I am overreacting... All I know, is that theese symptoms remind me of when I had my last depression. And this year I worked really hard and really pushed myself and I might have overdone it a bit. I am just not sure. As such, I am not sure what to do. I don't know if I am feeling as bad as I do or if my anxiety is making me overreact to it. But I still feel like I should do something about this before it gets worse but I don't know what...Another depression is one of my major fears in life. On the other hand, if I always pass up how I am feeling on me overreacting because of my anxiety I might ignore stuff I should have payed attention to... Anyway, I guess I just needed some feeback on this, since I am not sure of myself. As such I came here to write this and I am going to see my therapist tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for letting me vent some more. -Diva
Thank you for the advice. I feel very tired and wiped today but much much better :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, When times seem to not go out way, it gives us the opportunity to reflect on all the positive things that we take for granted. Try making a list of all things that make you happy, it could be something as simple as a hot chocolate or a warm bath. You could then look at your list periodically to remind yourself of all the great things in your life. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Today, I am having a horrible day. Today is one of those days that make me hate my life. I am sure it will get better, until then it blows! I will try and go distract myself. -Diva
Yeah, that is what I ended up doing. Reworked my schedules around to give myself time off from the 23rd to the 3rd. I figured it would do me good and I would be more productive after. Anyway, I will let you know how that goes. Up to now, it has been nice but not completely restful as I have had to deal with Christmas parties. Today is the last one tho :) Later guys! -Diva
16 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, I hope you've managed to give yourself some time off now !!! If you're not sleeping, you're probably not eating well either, its no wonder you're feeling tired and exhausted !! I know you feel like you're really behind, but would it be possible to actually give yourself some real time off ? An afternoon, or a day isn't going to help hugely, what about just saying to yourself, right on this date ( whatever that date could be ) I'm going to pick up my books, sit down and try to sort it out, but until then I'm going to have a small holiday, no work, some pampering time, lots of fresh air, away from home if possible, even a nice drive somewhere, and not even think about work until that date ? It seems to me that you're only giving yourself half hearted permission to take a break / day off, and thats bound to then be riddled with guilt !! You're not failing, or delaying, merely postponing for a short while. Even playing around with the words helps !! Make it sound not so negative, call it recuperation time, a few days sabbatical, anything so it doesn't seem so negative to you ! And try not to think of your work for that time, not easy I know, guilt is a terrible thing, but what use is it ?? So don't feel guilty, wrap up warm, get some fresh air, different environment if possible, and enjoy !! You'll get back to it, hopefully feeling just a little bit more refreshed, I'm sure of it, you've already achieved a lot in this last year, now its time for you to practise what you tell others to do, and be kind to yourself !!
Hiya Lorlee, Thank you for once again stopping in on me, it is much appreciated. I have seen your thread and am sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Let's you and me hang in there and get through this :) We can do this and this too shall pass! -Diva
16 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, As you might be able to tell by my thread I have not been doing so hot myself lately. The exhaustion you speak about I can totally relate to. Once again you and I and many others put such high expectations on ourselves to be all to everyone and everything. This is a hard enough time of the year for "normal" people so we all need to take a little extra time and be kind to ourselves. Take care of yourself!!!!

Reading this thread: