Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Lexawhat????? My new med...

20 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TRY the LEXAPRO!!!!!! The ONLT sideeffect's that I've felt on 10mg's are nightsweats & increased appetite which is subsiding---------this is a WHOLE lot better than being agoraphobic. Do yourself a HUGE favor & put your trust in GOD & your Dr & DON'T read sideeffects---they will scare the HELL out of you!! Just remember, the worse case scenario if you have a problem is------STOP taking it-----what do you have to loose???? Plz try it & good luck & take care~~~~~hopeful224
20 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Heather, I am from 26, male fom Ireland, and I was prescribed Cipralex, (Lexapro) late last year, but haven't had the guts to try it yet. I haven't posted here in over a year. I suffer from anxiety disorder and I am currently getting prescribed 2 X 5mg diazepam daily plus 80mg half inderal LA. Over the Christmas holiday period my doctor prescribed me extra diazepam so I could visit my family for the Christmas period as I am highly agrophobic without the medication. I found the extra medication a great benefit over the holiday period and I even had a few good nights out in my home town with my friends. However, my current dosage of diazepam doesn't seem to be enough for me, as I seem to be getting the anxiety atacks pretty bad again. Also I have really lost my appetite this last week from going back to the smaller doeses, ie. 10mg diazepam/day. As I said, like you Heather, my doctor also has prescribed me "Cipralex" (Lexapro) recently, which I am a bit afraid to take from reading all of it's side-effects. However, I know I have to do something to try and get my life back to as 'normal' as what it once was. Was wondering has anyone any advice on what should I do: ask my doctor to increase my dosage of diazepam and not take Cipralex (Lexapro) (as I know I was able to do so much when taking higher doses of diazepam around the Christmas period) or start on the Cipralex? Has anyone else been in this situation or have been prescribed the same medication for me for "Anxiety Disorder" and now 'agrophobia'. Any advice would be most helpful. Many Thanks, from a 26 year old Irish Guy who wants to try and get his life back in 2004.
20 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heather, I have been taking Lexapro for almost two months now and I love it. I began having panic attacks about three months ago out of the blue. I am very sensitive to most drugs, but I have had no side effects from Lexapro. I can tell an increase in appetite, but it has subsided somewhat. I am taking 15mg, however, my doc said only 20% of patients will take 20mg. The recommended dose is 10mg. I felt full benefits after 4 weeks or so, however, there was improvement after the first week. Let me know how you're doing and if you have any more questions. I really hope it works for you. Are you taking it specifically for panic attacks? Good luck, Meg.
20 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started Lexapro about two weeks ago. Sometimes I think I feel like it's working and sometimes it's the same. But I guess I still have to give it time. The only side effects I've had from it is like peeing a whole lot and being really hungry. By the way...you can still take the xanax with Lexapro. My doc wants me to take the Lex. with Klonopin. But I am scared of taking new meds like that. Especially after I have to go freak myself out by reading all of the side effects online. So ya...I haven't really taken the Klonopin yet. I'm kinda having a bad insomnia reaction to my lack of taking Ambien. DON'T GET ON IT. I can hardly sleep without it. I didn't go to bed until 7AM this morning. I'm rambling...
20 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue][/color][size=4]Hi Heather...Glad that Lexapro is working well for you.I was started on it 10 days ago.AM on 5 mgs,and will up it to 10 this next week.It made me have lots of panic and anxiety up untill 3 days ago..was then started on 05 mgs of klonopin..Have been wonderful since then...There is another site I go to is psycho babble.com..can find a lot of info there about the lexapro...Just everyones differnet experiances...Good luck and keep me posted Kristen :) [/size] Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
20 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have taken Lexapro for several months with no side effects at all. Until just recently my depression has been very well controlled although I still don't have any "up" feelings, just down or just existing feelings. I take it with Provigil to help with excessive daytime sleepiness. And and occasional 1/2 Valium to help my anxiety. The valium really helps, but if I take it daily it increases depression and sleepiness. Hope it works well for you.
20 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Heather. That's great news that you're doing so well! Wonderful!!!
20 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Paula, I am feeling MUCH!!! better. I havent had a panic attack for 3 days now, and I started the Lexapro. I havent even felt like I need a xanax, but the doc says take one anyways for the first 6 weeks, then we'll taper that down. A doc that LISTENS is truly a Godsend. BTW, day 3 still no side effects!!!
20 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heather...I'm so happy to hear that you went to a psychiatrist and that he gave you some Xanax. You must be feeling better. You certainly sound like you're feeling better. The only thing I know about Lexipro is that it's an SSRI. If you want to find out all the nitty-gritty stuff you could search for it on the web! It's always scary to read about all the possible side effects though when you go to one of those drug sites. I wouldn't search for it. Just start the treatment and trust your doctor. Good luck!
20 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Has anyone here tried Lexapro???? My doc started me yesterday on a 5 miligram dose. Im supposed to take a whole 10 miligram pill next week. He said it is the isomer of celexa, and that it has surprisingly few side effects. I had a MAJOR set back when my regular doc cold turkeyed Xanax for me. So I went to a psychiatrist who gave me this Lexapro and reinstated the xanax. I am having a hard time finding info on it, other than a friend who said lexapro at 20 miligrams made her halucinate. She was also taking xanax, buspar, and other meds so I dont know how she blames this one. Anyhow, I have been taking it for two days now, and not even 1 side effect. Ill keep you posted on how it goes. Meanwhile, has anyone else tried this one???

Reading this thread: