Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Is Anxiety Contagious?

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Acceptance is an interesting CBT technique because it is silent. There are no flashing lights or fireworks to show it works. It just does. It is like this. If you accept you can have ice cream any time you want then you will lose interest in it. Accepting life is what it is takes away the reason to worry. Once you do this little things fall into place and you build a routine. Acceptance is mental, worry is mental. Physical only displaces worry for a short time and then gives you something to worry about in the form of did it work or not. Acceptance allows you to prioritize with out feeling guilty if something doesn't get done. Physical justifies your reason for worry because it interferes with priority. Physical has to be relaxing and it has to not interfere with something with priority unless you are willing to accept the consequences, being that you have to work harder to get the priority done. And you know that "have to" is negative.
If you really want to do something you will accept something is going to be displaced and that it doesn't matter because that is just how it is. You do this and you will sleep better and feel better and actually find the time to do the things you set aside. Worry and you won't. (personal experience) I'm retired, my days are ten to twelve hours long.
I sleep like a log. I don't worry.

Davit.
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I felt upset last night, and have to help mom to bed with some things. Is there some way to mask or protect her from my distress? Maybe I should do a progressive relaxation session before being around her for the attention she needs at night. She needs restorative sleep. I tried my nightly session later, but it didn’t help. With me, it could also have been taking a walk late at night, since that activates me and makes it hard to sleep. On the other hand, it’s a great remedy for sleep. I don't have a switch to turn this off, it seems. Or don't know how to activate it.

Reading this thread: