Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Facing a couple surgeries..........

11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you guys for the push to confidence...i can do this,and i will,i am staying calm,by trusting the doctors,that has always been hard for me,as i am so afraid of them,but i need to change my attitude about how they can help me too..
These surgeries are needed to help me,not harm me...trust has always been an issue aswell for me,but this time,i am putting my trust in Gos first,and that he will guide them,and keep me in good hands,and all will go well i am sure...
It has been a long time,since i have been able to trust...it was my control problems that i have...but it is time i turn that around....One thing i do trust,is my gut feelings,and so far,there saying nothing bad....
Bren
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren

I've had 15 surgeries Some were emergencies some elective. I can't say I got anything but good out of them mentally. They were experiences that made me better than I was. Still I would not mind if I had not had any of them. Some times in life you have no choice you just have to do it.

Davit
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bren67, 

It sounds like you are in a better place to take on these life 'challenges' (situations that are out of our control).  Know that we are here to support you and we'll be thinking of you, especially throughout the day of your surgeries!

If another member was going through a similar situation, what advice would you give (in other words, what advice would you give yourself regarding any anxious thoughts about the surgeries)? 

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it Bren!

I'm a Christian and I've found that God's Grace comes at the exact time you need it, never early nor late.  I had to face several dental procedures and although I was nervous before hand, when the time came, I had God's Peace and was able to handle it.  Just as you will.  

Shari
11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In October,i have to have 2  surgeries done,but it seems i do not have a choice,and they have to be done..right now,i am not afraid,or nervous about them,as they are simple...I know in the past i have put them off,but i can not do that now,it has to be...but i have made up my mind,,,this is a good thing,and i dont want to be a  baby about it...so,,iam not! Facing fear head on!
Bren

Reading this thread: