Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

May be faceing surgery....

11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So true...
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great attitude bren!  Don't worry about the unknown in the future - enjoy where you are at today!
Vincenza, Health Educator
Found out today..that what i have is very common to women,,and that made me feel so much better,know that i am not the only one out there with this bladder thing,,lots of women have the same thing,and have lived with it for years..so in that...i am grateful,that now i can go on with my life and not be afraid of this! yes,i may have to have sugery at some point in time..but for now..i am going to live my life!!!!
Bren
I seen on the news today,that not only is there a law suit for the mesh sling,now it is all slings..darn...that is scary!
I think i will continue to work on finding a better fit with the pessery device for now..
Bren
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bren67,

Absolutely, it's important to feel comfortable speaking with your doctor. Please let us know how the consultation with the urologist goes.

Sonia

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,
There's a technical side and the bedside manner that matter to me.  That's how I break it down...

I'm sure you'll make the right decision
I may be faceing bladder surgery soon,but i have felt uneasy with the obgyn i am seeing,so this morning i did talk to my husbands aunt about it,and low and behold she also see,s the same obgyn,and she too does not feel comfortable with her...
So,i asked her about my own problem,and she agreed,i should get another opinion from a urologist too ,she made me feel better on my gut feelings!
I think finding the right doctor you feel is the right one,and has the experiance you need,is so important!
Bren

Reading this thread: