Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

how do you handle getting the scared dying feeling only at night?

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Ashley,

I am trying not too dwell on the problems. As you asked I am trying to distract myself by watching a good movie or light book, and I am taking my medicine, drinking lots of water and juice and resting. I have to get well fast I think my husband is going to need me very soon, if he loses his job he will be very upset and distraught, somehow someway I have to get strong and well.
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora,

I'm so sorry to hear about the fact that your husband is in danger of losing his job and that your son is having some difficulty at the moment. This must be such a trying time for you. In addition, these circumstances may well be increasing your stress levels. 

What can you do to gain control over the panicky feeling when you feel frightened about your health? Going to the doctor to get checked was a good first step. Are there any other steps you can take?

Sonia

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am having that right now. I am very physcially sick, severe sore throat with a lump in my throat that hurts my ear and throat when I swallow, and broncitis and wheezing and shortness of breath. I went to the doctors but I am even sicker today, I used my inhaler and it gave me "racy skippy rapid heartbeat" I called my nurse and she said that happens to call the Doctor back but I have to use it to open my airways to breathe! I am praying the antibotic kicks in soon, this came on so quick and sudden. I am afraid to go too sleep I am afraid I will stop breathing, I am wheezing and the panic is at a all-time high I am convinced I am dying because of the horrible symptoms, I thought going to the Doc would help! I am so scared and confused about dying.

My husband is having trouble at work and is in danger of losing his job, that would be terrible we would lose the insurance and it would devastate him, and my special=needs son is having problems and running wild, and I am so sick I cannot even help them! Does anyone else ever get the flu or cold or bronctis or strep and freak out and feel worse thinking they are dying?? I know this is not helping me with my condition. I just want to crawl into bed and make it all go away!
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grovedjh,

Welcome to the group. First of all, be sure to talk to a Health Care Professional as a proper diagnosis is important when deciding on appropriate treatment.

We have had members who have anxiety that occur at night time; search through the forums and you may find some discussions that will help. Generally we recommend the Panic Program for issues with anxiety. The program will give you the skills you need to manage and control your anxiety day to day which may in turn help you with your evening anxiety.  The program will take some time but it is ell worth the effort.  The program is based on proven cognitive behavioural therapy principles.  

Also, post often in the support group.  We are here to support you.

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Ashley
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been getting panic attacks only at night when I go to bed for about 15 years. It also happens at night if I am relaxing by myself and no one is in the room. I have tried everything from tv, books, medication, I feel a really scared uncontrollable feeling I usually grab onto something for fear of dying. Has anyone had any success with anything? Medicines or relaxation techniques? I went to a specialized alternative medicine doctor and he told me I have adrenal fatigue which causes panic attacks and low blood sugar. He has me on special herbal meds and I hate taking too much medicine all the time. No luck with them yet. I am also on xanax .5 once at night  and .25 in the day and cymbalta and focalin for my add.  Thanks!

Reading this thread: