Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Etiquette and Asserting Oneself - "Finger- Lickin´" Bad

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ive lived in the city and I've lived in the country. Why can't people in the city get along. I'll take the dirt and inconvenience in the country any day. People are friendlier here too for the most part. Those that aren't we just shun till they move since we are not allowed to shoot them.  Barking dogs and nuisance animals don't last long and we eat the pigeons. The only one who has backed into my fence is me. 
When we get sick or hurt the neighbours do our chores for us and we are expected to do the same.
Still I'm glad so many people live in the city, their tax pays for my disability pension. So stay there, be miserable and pay your taxes, we love you.

Just kidding we are not all Red Necks.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A friend is dropping into town for a conference, and I wondered if I should ask, before having some literature sent to her about using our public transit. She's more distant now, and we barely speak, but I do get cards from her, seasonally such as Christmas, easter...

I'm afraid I could cross boundries, and I feel some guilt for my not being as available, since she was to me, years ago, but that was a long time ago.

Do I ask before having something mailed to another's address, even though it would help her?  I've drafted an email asking her for her permission, and will wait a week....
Today somebody was obnoxious about some furnace scam they were selling.  I told them to leave, and they stated someone else would return!

When I told them they were on private property, and threatened to call a newspaper, they told me to "go ahead".

I think it drained me since I wanted to go out and exercise, and had dealt with my parent's annoying doctor.
Our laneway has a neighbour who drives into her garage with her nose.  I noticed her shunting shows a lack of manoeverability, and I don't want to have to fix my garage door after she backs into it.

I have a lot of reasons she shouldn't drive in and out the way she does, and want to approach suggesting she drive park more safely.

My new fence has been struck twice, at least, and I suspect it's her poor driving.
Hugs

I don't drive by the high school at noon anymore. A dozen students decided to use the whole road instead of the sidewalk to see if I would go around them. I did. At speed right through a large puddle. I think I got all of them. So I don't drive by the school at noon anymore. Some people (are these type of students people?) think they have rights they don't. Imagine what they can grow into.

Hugs, just because it says on line doesn't mean here. I understand we are in different time zones besides other factors, like me needing to order a new internet key since this one is dying. 
I would never think you are ignoring us even if you are, what does it matter. This is a panic site.

Davit

Should we log off when we're away from our computers/devices, so others aren't disappointed in the time responding.  I forget to logoff often, but usually do overnight, I've noticed.

Today I lost it when a pedestrian at an intersection on a cellphone stopped in the middle of the road.  I blew my horn to motion him on, and he menacingly threatened to kick my car.

I was surprised he didn't open up his briefcase, and take out a projector in the  middle of a major street in North America.

I realize some people think their time is important, but we're all moving towards something, and unless you're a skunk, deer, moose, farm animal escaping or cow(in India), I think the rules of the road suggest sharing the road.

Hi Davit,
I think my tires are heavier than the dealer's estimate of 40 pounds per tire, on 16 inch rims, especially the snow tires.

My challenge is getting them up 5 steep stairs from the basement.  Keeping them in the garage isn't secure enough.

I can store them at a dealership for 180 dollars annually, and then they don't charge for the seasonal swap.    Stairs to the porch are less steep, but it's cluttered and i have other places to clear right now, but it's a better location because it's more accessible than the basement
Hugs. 

As an ex tire shop employee, do not lift your tires with your back. Use a short length of wood to lever them into position. This reduces the weight ten fold. You just have to jack a bit higher, roll the tire onto the stick and lift the end. Old hockey stick works good. At work we had bars for this. Semi tires weigh 175 lbs plus. Tractor tires a lot more. Up to 800 if they have calcium in them.

Davit.

After going outside, I noticed the snow wasn't as bad as I thought.  Next challenge is getting my snow tires onto my car to navigate the rough laneway, but I have to wait until my back is better, since they weight a lot.

Reading this thread: