Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Etiquette and Asserting Oneself - "Finger- Lickin´" Bad

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Toyoto was probably the first company to do away with grease fittings. But oil changes didn't go down. I worked for Kal tire and when I started we checked all oil levels and greased, in fact on some trucks we had to take a plate off to get at one. Time consuming. Now it is in and out. Oil is barely out and the plug is in and fresh added. We used to let it drip while we greased. So now they can do two or three cars in the same time. 

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Caveat emptor, or buyer beware was something I explored as car dealerships tried to upsell my routine oil & lube. Sometimes I think I expect too much caring from a world trying to make more money
I asked another neighbour if he was dumping snow, and he was polite, and said he wasn't. I'm sore just from walking outside. He even addressed me as "sir". Wish I wasn't so harsh, but my body feels like it's on fire, and I feel it's risky to go outside, not wanting to get stuck in a car for some non-essential things. I wonder how I'd feel without acetomenaphine? I walked nearly two miles yesterday, just for some soap, so my knee is complaining, but it certainly feels better.
Our neighbour's son-in-law threw his portion of snow on our side, blocking our gate in the laneway. I took pictures, but I'm not sure I wish to have the city inspectors after him. Talking to our dumbass neighbour hasn't worked in the past, so I can just suck it up, or complain formally.
I see somebody's taking their dog to defecate in our laneway. I can just see the owner pausing near the back of our fence. These "laws" are not enforceable, but are there for a reason.
Hi Ashley,

Thanks for responding.

I have that setting on my cell.  This was a voicemail though.  Not to worry!  She called back and we're set for the new year.

I'm interviewing massage therapists for mom.  Today I had one and I felt so different and better, as though I can "stretch" into a bigger height?

What was disturbing was the drastically cold weather and suddenness.  A poor motorist drove off the road, and up an incline, beside a bus shelter, in subzero temperatures.  Even sitting in that warm bus is uncomfortable, since I'm so tall.

This is something I looked forward to, since, I'm always shut in with mom, and helps with being uneasy...but it was a nice break in the big city for half a day...almost like a vacation.

A neighbour's roofers, who previously left a mess of roofing materials in our flower bed, returned today.  I made the point to them that they'd let debris fall in the flower bed, and it wasn't appreciated.  One of the employees became defensive, and I just walked away.  The owner's son in law understood, and even used my first name, since he was outside with the foreman, and his unhappy employee.

I'm learning to choose my battles, and felt better just speaking up. 
A neighbour's roofers, who previously left a mess of roofing materials in our flower bed, returned today.  I made the point to them that they'd let debris fall in the flower bed, and it wasn't appreciated.  One of the employees became defensive, and I just walked away.  The owner's son in law understood, and even used my first name, since he was outside with the foreman, and his unhappy employee.

I'm learning to choose my battles, and felt better just speaking up. 
I tried to find a programme online, but couldn't for a pc.  I've left a voicemail, assuming she can receive that, and will mail a letter if that doesn't work. 
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can only text cell phones. The program I have is no good to you because it is apple, I'm sure there is a PC compatible one. It was a free download. Mine is in widgets. Was in widgets since I seem to have deleted it or it could be in the other computer.

It makes even less sense for a person with a business to not have an answering machine or service. It is a tax write off.

If you have Skype you can text phone numbers. Apple has something similar to Skype, so do PCs.

Davit

Reading this thread: