Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Etiquette and Asserting Oneself - "Finger- Lickin´" Bad

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My restful Saturday morning was disturbed by the sound of heavy machinery. Doesn't anyone have neighbours who tell them they're going to be doing construction? I took a seminar which stated you should write a letter, when designing or doing a project, but that would be the exception. Everyone just feels entitled to whatever they feel like doing.
Mom's doc's secretary could have spoiled my day today since she rudely answered the phone, but telling me she didn't have time to talk, and always puts everyone on hold. I think her way of dealing with people must be to place people on hold. I'll have to to that to her some day! Now I can't wait for her to call! There's nothing like giving someone a taste of their own medicine(no pun intended).
Today at the doc's waiting room was amusing. A mother ignored her 4 boisterous children from 12-14. Another mom, the most organized mom in the world, ignored her child's need for Kleenex, so he wiped his nose with his hands, as he suffered. The organized mom spent most of the 3 hours on her cellphone, balancing her bills, and even took out a calculator, eventually needing to charge her phone. A 3rd woman was busy criticizing the mom with the 4 children. I read a book about religion during the time, and some of it mentioned forgiveness, ironically. I became irritable when the loudest patient made some derogatory comment, in another language, but I'm not certain it was aimed at me. I wasn't sure how to respond, since I hadn't eaten at one point, and was caught off guard when the doc asked me at the beginning of the time if I only needed a quick prescription. I ended up making the best of it, since I got excactly what I needed, though. I wish I was faster at asserting myself, but life's too short for negativity.
I saw some wonderful deal at the grocery store on peppers, but the cashier charged me for expensive apples(one was yellow though!). I didn't look at the tape until I was about to go to bed.
I guess they're busy with other things during the last of winter, but the pigeons are messy.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pity they are protected or you could eat them. Here the hawks eat them. Black plastic hawk silhouette might keep them away. Not much on a pigeon but the ones I've had were good.

Pigeons were popular because it wasn't necessary to feed them. They feed on the neighbours grain. One breeding pair can have 20 or more off spring if you count the grandkids in a year. They breed faster than rabbits.

Davit.
Our neighbours' pigeons are droppings are going all over our a/c unit. I suppose I can't complain, since the birds are "protected" from harm. Maybe if I placed chimes over the the ac, it would wake the neighbours every time they pooped. But then it would wake me too, and mom. I thought they were gone...and the neighbours won't do anything about it.
I can tell I'm irritable today, since a guy getting into the elevator barged in, before I could exit with another woman. What' annoying is he'd gone to church(had an ashen cross on his forehead). Maybe he walked into a tree's bark and it knocked etiquette gene out of him?
Yesterday, a bank official was condescending, when comparing investments, and stated how little difference two of them were, even though I chose the better one. Isn't a customer service person supposed to thank you for their business, not be rude? I almost wished to withdraw all my money, despite myself. And they record the conversations! Does the person have no conscience?
During a messy rainstorm, our neighbours were scampering around wondering why their roof wasn't done properly. The roofers are back to patch what they didn't do right the first time. I wonder if I could get their business card, just to make sure we don't waste our time with them, if we ever need them. A cold February is not a good time to be changing downspouting, etc.

Reading this thread: