Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Etiquette and Asserting Oneself - "Finger- Lickin´" Bad

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm giving somebody a ride, who slams my car door, after the courtesy of saving her waiting in the dark, cold and wet weather, besides the saved time.

What's a nice way of asking her not to slam the door?  I doubt that she does that with her apartment doors, or her neighbours would complain.

I saved her slamming half the time, by closing the door for her when she was getting in, but getting out is the challenge, since we're both able-bodied, and she's much younger than I, and she does seem to be in a hurry.

In the past, a friend violently jerked a seat belt, and it cost me 120 dollars, and that was 20 years ago, at least
I went to a fair yesterday at the last minute, paying the full admission.  Another person insisted on not paying anything following me, and stated I was "crazy".

It kind of hurt, and made a lame reply, but wished I could have just walked away.  She looked immature enough to the registration clerk, so I didn't have to entertain her.
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi: Here is a pic of a couple of trees in the orchard.  Going to work in the garage again today, but first hospital for blood tests.
Happy Nov. 1st everyone!

Davit
Hugs 

Anytime.

The view is out the driveway and across the road. There are mountains behind us also. It is a very narrow valley between two different Mountain Ranges. The mules belong to my neighbour. I sold him 130 acres when I quit farming. I don't miss the land but sometimes I miss farming. It was a good way to get rid of stress.
There seems to be nothing worse than too much time on my hands to cause stress.

Davit. 
Thanks for the support, Davit.

Your perseverance is inspiring, and your picture is breathtaking!
Hugs.

I'm sorry to see your day didn't go as well as you would have liked, life is like that hey. You seem to have handled it well though. Medical professionals can be very set in their ways and that annoys me. And God help you if you mention the internet. I'm taking a medication for a condition that I don't think I have. (an auto immune disease) I'm doing it to prove it doesn't work so they will leave me alone doing what does work for a condition they don't think I have even though all the tests say I do. It's called playing the system.

Poor Sunny is stuck doing most of the work because I'm too sick from the side effects. We are trying to rearrange the garage so we can get the car in this winter. I've stopped the med now, I've done it long enough to show it doesn't work. The side effects will pass in a week or so. 

My neighbour cleaned our driveway, but it is still snowing and will for a few days yet. I'm glad of that because right now my muscles are so sore. I could be real upset, but as you must know, what good would it do. I had that lesson reinforced during my last stay in what is a training hospital. I couldn't get out of there fast enough and actually came home sooner than I should have. Tomorrow if the roads are okay I have a couple of monthly blood tests. The lab is walk in so no appointment and only the tech to deal with, and I like her. I'll go back the day after for the results or phone in if the roads are bad. We might get freezing rain.

Davit.

Today I took mom to the doc's office.  Earlier, I had booked an appointment with a frazzled secretary.  I explained that a special precaution had to be taken for the test, since she didn't have the technical information.  Unlike her colleague who was asking for her attention, and the waiting patients, I asked her to take her time calling me back.

When we appeared for the appointment, the receptionist withheld a medicine which I wished to purchase, even though it was over the counter, and I can get for less, at any other place.  She stated, with another assistant, that the medicine needed to be prescribed, and I disagreed politely, and sat down.  I actually did something productive, during the exam that my parent took.

When I met with the doc, I voiced my concern, and the doc attributed it to "new staff".  I pointed out the other assistant partnering in the impolite behaviour, who was ironically dressed in a devil's uniform, and I made a joking reference to her "devilish" manners. 

The test went poorly, as I suspected, because of technical reasons.

The doc bit her tongue, since she knew that somebody needs an @$$ whooping, following my concerns.

I'm the wrong person to be playing games with

Those who can,do. Those who can't, criticize.

Davit.
I had a tizzy today, when my brother called from work.  Despite asking him to stay out of my mother's medical affairs, he keeps meddling.

My mom allows it to happen, since she finds it difficult to be assertive. 

I just don't like armchair quarterbacks, since there's nothing concrete that we get, except of course, criticism, since he can't manage his own affairs
My ex-girlfriend must have had a bad hair day today since she sent me a virus via an email.

Lucky for me I bought virus software

Reading this thread: