Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I broke down, but I am buliding myself back up

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karla,   Have you spoken to you family doctor about this?   Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hey

i find that when i have fizzy drinks i feel i cant breathe properly and feels like something is stuck in my throat, also when i have spicy foods it makes me have heartburn and feel sick and alcohol is the same as fizzy drinks??could this be indijestion?any answers very helpful, nut i have eaten ok today had porrige for breakfast, ypgurts and cheese and pickle in pitta for lunch and stew for dinner. do you think it might help by having fizzy water to start with?

this might seeem stupied but could i have a burping problem and is that why i feel tight chested and airway blocked when i have fizzy drinks?

15 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Home today and I ate scrambled eggs while being alone.  I have headache though and I am assuming it is because I haven't eaten much so I hope the eggs help a bit.  I also decided to get out of the house a bit because I feel I am beginning to worry a bit too much sitting here by myself.  I am going to get ready for the trick or treaters!  Thanks for all the support!
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Karla,

First I want to say it is great you got support and that you unburdened yourself!  Also, I wanted to say that when I have high stress and have trouble eating, I find eating small portions very often is helpful to me. I hope this helps!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karla,

What is it that makes you feel uncomfortable when you eat solid foods or fizzy drinks?
The number of meals people eat during the day varies. Some people eat 3 meals a day, and some people eat 5-6 smaller meals/snacks throughout the day.
Members, what are your eating habits like?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you drielly!
It is so great to hear that you were able to eat some solid food! Moreover, it is great to hear that you are going to take some time to focus on you. Please enjoy your day tomorrow
Remember, it's your day!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i find i cannot eat certain solid foods or drink fizzy drdinks why is this?i mean iv been fine before with them, how many meals should we eat per day some people say 5-6??
15 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Drielly,

So glad you unburdened your shoulder, too hard trying to "hide" it and going solo. I am so thrilled you were able to eat solid food with no anxiety afterwards, and you are correct, you do come first! I hope tomorrow will be even better for you-keep us updated!

15 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My life is a never ending saga!    Anyway, today I went to work, feeling very down and anxious.  I figured I will force myself to make through until the weekend and try to put on a happy face.  One of my coworkers, the one who asked if I was okay before, told me she wanted to talk to me.  So I go into her room and she asks how I have been doing.  I was smiling and all of a sudden, I lost it.  I broke down and cried.  I cried and told her about my panic disorder and how I have been feeling.  I just couldn't hold it in.  I just cried and cried.  She was very supportive and said that I was putting a lot of pressure on myself by trying to act like I was okay.  She said that I need to take care of myself first, before the children at school.  She suggested I take tomorrow off and to go him sick today.  I went into my principal's office and told him I was feeling sick to my stomach and he said for me to go home. I called a friend and she met up with me for some decaf.(I gave up caffine) and in the ride home I just felt a heavy weight lift off of my shoulders.  I slept most of the day and when I woke up y husband was cuddling with me and I was starving.  So I made tuna sandwich and ate it with out any being anxious and without having a panic attack.  This has been the first time in a few days I have eaten anything solid!  I was proud of myself and I am going to take the day off tomorrow and focus on me.  Not anyone else, just me.

Reading this thread: