Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

We are stronger...

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Michael that's a great realisation, so glad that you are able appreciate ones positive and negative attributes. Minnesota, great post! Thank you for sharing with us! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes thank you for sharing minessota. Actually, thank you to all who shared and thank you to Maggie for starting this thread. I love reading it, it brightens my day :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats really good Minnesota , thanks for sharing . :)
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found this thing as I was going through some stuff getting rid of some junk. Its called A WINNERS CREED If you think you are beaten, you are If you think you dare not, you dont, If you'd like to win but think you can't, It's almost a cinch you wont. If you think you'll lose, you're lost for out in the world we find success begins with a persons faith its all in the state of mind Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand they go to the who trusts in god and always thinks "I CAN" just wanted to share that, think i'll put it above my desk.
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have really learned that everyone has something in their lives that challenges them, some worse than others. This has really developed my sense of empathy and that perhaps people sometimes behave or treat others not in the nicest manner and that perhaps something is going on in their lives that precipitates this. Through my anxiety I've become much more forgiving and understanding and sympathetic where once I may have been short or dismissive. It is still a work in progress but I do notice people are thankful when they are cut some slack....Thanks for all the positive postings...they are real day makers! Michael
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great topic! I've learned to appreciate the smallest of all smalls.
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what great responses. I can relate to quite a few, almost all of what you are saying. I have learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. I have more patience now than I did 6 months ago. I don't mind being alone at home, I truly appreciate the quietness and calmness I have before my boys come home and the bewitching hour begins. I look out for me first for a change. I enjoy being happy and content again. And that we're not alone and there's help and I'm not afraid to ask for it...I got rid of the supermom image and now I'm just me. Here's to us!!!!!
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Me again.. One more thing which I think is VERY important... I have learned it's ok to ask for help... When things get too big or scary to battle alone it's ok to say "I can't do this alone"...and by this forum we know there a whole bunch of us out there :) Good Night
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.. I think this is a great topic and it allows us to recognize the "good things" that come out of a tough situation.. Things I have learned (some of these we share :) ) I have learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. I have learned I am a fighter!! I have learned to believe in me (even though during setbacks I must remind myself of this..lol) I have learned to count on myself and not others - something I am very proud of. I have learned to enjoy alone time. All of these are challenged during a setback but by looking around me and where I am today I can remind myself of my successes thus far. I have also become a more empathetic / sympathetic person to the plights in others lives. No longer do I cast stones or judge others as I once did as I don't know their daily battles and how or why they are who they are... Everyone assumed my life was "perfect" by the image I portrayed..and nothing was further from the truth. That being said... I have learned to be HONEST about who I am ..and what I am..No shame!! Letting the facade go was the best thing EVER... Well.. I could go on and on.. but thanks again for a great topic.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, hmm what have i learned.... I learned that I have a much better reserve of courage then I had ever anticipated. I learned that by facing my fears I took away their power over me. I learned that I am strong. I learned that I can deal with things that come my way, even the unexpected. I learned that it is ok to fall down as long as you are ready to get back up.There is no shame in not getting it right everytime. I learned that I am worth it. Ok that is it for now. If i think of anything else, I'll come back and let you know :) -Diva

Reading this thread: