Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Exposure goals?

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  I think it's o.k. to take a time out especially when there has been a med. change for your BP.  Sometimes it takes a day or two to adjust.  I remember this past summer, the fourth change did the trick for me.  Gotta be patient eh?  Take care, you'll be back to your quilt classes next week for sure.
Your friend, Sunny 
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yay Red!!
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GREAT VICTORY!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did it..I made it to my doctors appointments..Got some new bp meds will start them tomorrow..I have not been able to make it to my classes this week, but thats ok I went walking at the lake instead because that what I really needed and wanted to do and it felt great..I won't be making it to class tomorrow either I going to stay home and start my new meds..That ok too because thats what I need to do..I think I am finally getting it.

"Do what is best for me and don't worry about the rest of it"..

Red
Davit,

Thanks for supporting me and reminding me that I can do this..
Your right I can do This...

Your friend,
Red
Ashley,

I have been thinking about what you said and have concluded that this is a good opportunity for me to step out side of my comfort zone and prove to myself that I can do this. Even thought I may not want to do this it is very necessary to my health and well being..I will be much better for it..I will be stronger, more confident and will feel a lot better about myself..

Thanks for the helping me think this one out.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

So good to hear the relaxed attitude toward the quilting classes, Can you use it to go to the Doctors. The ten questions should work since this is not a new experience even if it is a different situation. I have faith in you, you have handled worse things.

Your friend,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great opportunity for exposure work Red!  This will be a challenge but I am sure you will gain lots of learning.

I would like to challenge you a little to reframe your thinking.  I can hear that you are overwhelmed thinking ahead to these exposure opportunities.  What do you think is another prespective you can take that will serve your needs better?   How can you look at this situation differently?

Ashley, Health Educator
Ocean,
I was typing my last post when you posted yours and didn't read you post till now..Thank you for the support and tips on going to the Dr. visits..Good luck with your mattresses hunting and your fish luncheon with your husband..

Red
I also forgot to mention that I have my classes to go to also..Going to two classes a week was a little to much for me to handle so I have been going to one class a week now.  I may start alternating these classes because I do like them both. They are both quilting classes and there is really no outline for the classes so it shouldn't be a problem..Anyway I find I do a lot better when I just keep my outside contact down to once a week..Being Agoraphobic makes it hard for me to handle anymore than this..I am hoping in time I will be able to handle more exposure. There is so much I would like to do.. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all this exposure at once in one week..

Red

Reading this thread: