Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,786 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

What's Your Goal ?

16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, Thanks so much for this update! You are doing so well! Keep up the great work! Casey _______________________ The PC Support Team
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, so this week, I was pretty delinquanr when it came to my exposure goals. The fact I have been sick since tuesday hasn't helped. I haven't even been able to go to work yesterday and today. But hey, it happens. So for the having fun with the hubby goal, the cuddling with the hubby goal, the fear of exercise goal and the Interoceptive exposure work, that only got done 4/7 days. As for the bed goal well that one was easier to squeeze in so it was done 5/7 days. For next week well,here are my goals. 1- HAanging with the hubby. It seems to work well the way it is. I find an hour a day seems to be enough to maintain me being comfy around him and feeling like I have quality time with him, so I will keep it as is. At this point it is not so much exposure wotrk and exposure maintenance work. But hey, it is enjoyable time with my hubby and so I will keep it on my daily schedule for now :P 2- Getting used to being in my bed. I will step itup to relaxing in bed 30 minutes before bed everynight. Also, I want to try and combining with my cuddling exposure and combine them on some nights. So on some nights I take 30 mins lying in bed before i go to sleep and on other nights I cuddle in bed with my hubby. 3- Cuddling with the hubby. Well It wil be a bit combined with the bed thing. Some nights we will cuddle on the futon and then he will go to bed and some nights I will go to him and cuddle in the bed with him. I will figure out how many days gets done where as I go. But combining the two seems like the next logical step to me at this point. 4- Fear of exercise. Well I am already up to walking 1 hour. I already roam my neighboorhood if it is not too late. So I figure I will do three things to step this one up: a) I will try to actually get it done more then 4 times a week even tho it is so hot around here lately. b) I will do my best to roam even further away from my home as I walk. c) I will try and increase my walking speed (will take the heat into consideration for that one tho...). 5- Interoceptive exposure. Well I will keep it the same as last week. Everyday, I will pick two random interoceptive exposure exercises and get them done. I will try to get it done 5/7 days. As for the sessions, I am finally on my way now o read session 10. If there
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, That's great! Let us know how you make out and keep up the great effort!! Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last week was pretty much rock and roll! So this week I will just keep going and do another week as is. No changes. I ntend to start session 10 next week tho. So my goal this week is to maintain what I have through these hard times and get to session 10 next week :) -Diva
Thank you :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to push forward Diva! Thanks for sharing and know that you have made a difference by achieving and maintaining your goals! Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
Ok so this week I did ok. For my getting back in bed goal I did 6/7 days, for the hanging with the hubby goal got done 4/7 days and for the cuddling goal got done 4/7 days also. As for the getting over fear of exercise goal it got done 5/7 days and for the interoceptive exposure I got it done 5/7 days. I also faced the dreaded hyperventilation and lived! yay! This week I am doing the exact same goals as last week because I am adjusting to a new job and difficult things are happening in my family. I figure maintenance is good enough for this week! have a great week! -Diva
This week was exhausting. I had a big first week working in the research lab at my university. I will be working there for the summer. At least though, it is on the same project and in the same lab as my thesis. So my boss and my thesis director are one and the same which is good because she is really nice to me. But it was a big week trying to adjust to new schedules and surroundings and I feel rather exhausted at the end of my week. Nonetheless, my exposure work went well. So here is how my week went: 1- Ok so for the goal of hanging out with my hubby that one went well. So for that one I managed to have 3 sit-down suppers with him (had planned 3) as for the rest of that exposure work it got done 5/7 days. Really happy with this one! We are being pretty consistent with that one lately. 2- As for my fear of exercise exposure I have managed to do it on 6/7 days. I am really happy with this one. I have even managed to get a bit further from home compared to last week. 3- As for my exposure for managing to go back to my bed I managed to get it done 6/7 days. 4- For the cuddling exposure that went great and got done 4/7 days. I am hoping to get it done at least 5/7 days this week. 5- The interoceptive exposure went well this week. This one still scares me. But I did those 5/7 days. So my plans for next week are: I decided to keep things the way they are for this week to give me time to adjust to the new schedule of the new job. I find that one adjustment at a time is enough. But next week I intend to step it up if I find I have acclimated well enough at work. But I am stepping up the interoceptive exposure work as in I am changing the ones I will be doing. I decided to tackle the big one, the scary one---Hyperventilation. Man this one scares me! But I will give it a try. As for the sessions, I will remain one session 9 yet again since I feel I have not mastered the lesson it contains! I will probably not move on to session 10 for at least another week. Ok so those are my goals for this week! Have a great one everyone! -Diva
Hiya Casey, thanks for the encouragement. and thank you to all who help with this site, it is helping me a bunch! -Diva
17 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, Wow! Talk about progress! You are doing great! Thanks so much for continuing to share here! Fellow members, feel free to join in and let us know how you are doing with the program. Casey ____________________________ The PC Support Team

Reading this thread: