Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Help!

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara,

I have heard many members worry they are going crazy due to anxiety. Do a quick keyword search in the forums and you will see the discussions. You are not going crazy. To me it sounds like a symptom of the anxiety but if you are ever concerned it is best to talk to a doctor.

How far are you along in the program? What parts are you finding helpful? Any questions so far?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit, usually when I think to myself I'm not OKAY I get anxiety.  I worry myself and causes anxiety. 

I'm having a setback right now, but I always tell myself I was worse a few months ago and if I can get through that time, I can get through this!

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara

The way I see it is that you are getting better and you are trying which is more than a lot of people. So where do the thoughts come from? I know from personal experience dealing with people who do have real, actual mental diseases that they can cause these thoughts. This is the flip side of auto suggestion but it works the same way. And you get rid of it by doing the same thing, just in a positive way instead.

Davit
Yes Davit, most of my anxiety comes back to me by memory. I am trying to bury it but I always think about it…

Or when I think or worry about my health, I start to think about it too much causing me anxiety attacks.

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is rather simple really. What did you do different or eat different. Food is the most common trigger of this but some times a small change in routine can trigger a memory of a previous anxious moment. In the case of a food trigger it is not the food but an associated memory to the food. These triggers are a pain in the ass because you will try to block the anxiety which leaves the trigger active instead of finding it and getting rid of it. It happens most often after a period of no anxiety when you are less vigilant than normal. You will note it has got you thinking thoughts of getting a real disease, something you thought you left behind. Which just proves a point of mine. Anything in memory stays in memory And the unwanted ones have to be buried or they keep coming up. So talk to your memory, tell it, it has made it's point and your not interested. Tell it that it is wrong. In essence bury it again. Is it because you still don't believe you can get better. That is self sabotage also common at the beginning till you learn not to do it.

The only other reason for this to happen is for you to have information overload because signals are backing up because they can't get through. One of the things needed for them to cross the synapses is calcium and in me because I use more than normal people I can get temporarily low. So I take calcium because I don't want to wait for food to replace it. Benzo's stop the information back up but I don't like to use them. I prefer to get a cup of Ginger Mint and rest and tell it where to go. Most of the time it works and when it doesn't, well tomorrow is another day.

Hi just wanted some help! 

I had a real bad scare today. I've been soon real well but I always have this fear of this being more than anxiety. Oland because it's classified as a mental illness i'm always scared that I'll get mentally sick and be diagnosed with some horrible mental illness. 

I had a little panic attack today but like usual I know how to pay it no attention. I kind of call it "rebooting or recharging myself", take a deep breath and start over. But today I've been feeling like something is mentally wrong like I'm going crazy or losing my mind or something. Is this just a symptom of anxiety? I've been worried about this all day that's why I feel panicky all day 

Can someone shed some light on this and help me ease my mind???? I don't want to fear this anymore, this is the only thing holding me back from being anxiety free as I now can control my panic attacks! 

Help! 

Reading this thread: