Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Is There A Secret to Seeing Leisure versus Stress?

12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find it really hard to enjoy life too. I would love to just enjoy life more, lessen the stress.

Even when I do things I enjoy my mind races and I lose interest or I find something that needs to be done instead of what I want to do.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,
I guess I'm not building fun stuff into my day, so I'm listing options and seeing what fails and why.

Going to the store confirmed my competence shopping(I've forgotten to do my core competence "brain storming" daily).
Going to the store confirmed I had the best clipon sunglasses I could afford and use at the time(competence again).  I was exchanging the lenses as a "gift" to myself.

I like some physical activities, and it's more fun in a group.
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

Like everything else positive thinking makes everything more enjoyable.  A lot of people think positive thinking is "the secrete".  But it can take work to retrain how you see things.

What did you like about going to the store and making the cake?
What would have made both those situations more fun, easier, more fufilling?

What activities do you enjoy. What do you like like about them?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

I don't think there is any secret. It just is. You either look for it and find it or don't. Isn't getting out worth it even if you can't find what you want. And I would say a cake is worth doing the dishes for any day. Why should gardening which is a lot of work be more fun than housecleaning. I know people that would rather vacuum than weed but for the life of me I can't see why.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wonder if anyone has found the key to seeing things as fun rather than stressful, since there always seems to be so much to do. 

I just wish I could lighten up, but life seems like a 24/7 "job" rather than fun.

An example of my day today was that I tried to find a light bulb at WallMart, and they had the bulbs locked up.  Then I needed a battery for my car tire pressure guage, and those were locked up.  On the way out, I was asked for my receipt, which was initialed.

At a car store, I did some price comparison, which was in my favour.

Time just seems to drift away as I baked a cake, and I'm really messy, and then had to wash the dishes.

Anybody find that "secret" to loving life, please chime in

Reading this thread: