Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Intensity Of Panic?

14 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1
Whoa man that's rough I feel for you.

When was it easiest in your life and why do you think that was?

Grim
14 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eugene, My case is very very similar to yours.

Im thinking its stress related aligned with the fact that we got a little complacent thinking we had won the war and didn`t put our " learned & practiced" techniques into action straight away when we got stressed and didnt realise it was happening again untill too late..

Now we have a new and different fear and anxiety cycle to break - but we will!
14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eugene,

It is unfortunate that the panic attacks have increased in intensity and frequency for you especially after being able to conquer them over the last 5 years.

You mentioned that this change has occured over the last few days. Can you pinpoint what has been going on in your life over the last few days that may have brought these symptoms on? Often times, an emotional upset or stressful episode can be the trigger to a return of symptoms.

Continue working through the program and the sessions as these will assist you in gaining control. Also, post often and let us know how you are doing.

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've going through another  major setback. I've had panic disorder for over 25 years. It wasn't until 5 years ago that I truly understand it. I started to appily CBT 5 years ago, and truly believe in CBT, and thought I fully mastered it. Since my panic disorder has returned with intense feelings of fear. I've been doing exposure and trying to stay positive for almost 5 years. For the most part I was doing fine, until this past year, especially last few days. Each day the panic attacks increase intensity and frequency as I try to cope using my current knowledge on CBT. It seems that I am doing something definitly wrong, because the panic attacks, feelings, thoughts are with me for almost all the day.  The reason I used the ' Intensity Of Panic' as a title becuase it seems that overall intensity has increased compared to my panic episodes from the past. Please can anybody offer some kind of help.

Reading this thread: