Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Need some support!!

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ali bee,

Welcome to the forums!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The TV show Borat was great!  But all my friends, and everyone I knew made such a big deal about Borat that I didn't care anymore.  It may be great, but if you build it up too much then I lose interest...it's like dreaming of the perfect person then dealing with the reality.  Nothing is like the dream, and thank God for that or I wouldn't be surprised!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My sons love Borat , always quoting and saying stuff together . Then Hubby joins in  . Never seen Borat movie , just used to see him in TV series which was actually quite funny .
Rofl, Ali G in da House!  I'm not a fan of Borat though...the movie was waaaaay to hyped here in America.  The gay techno guy cracked me up.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome Ali Bee , i hope you find this place as great as we do  .

Oh i must tell you when i see your name or i can see is Ali G , who is a comedian in my country lol .
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the boards Ali bee!   You are able to post in the "Introduce Yourself" thread as well to let other members know a little more about yourself.   We are here when you need us and post as often as you'd like!     Sarah, Health Educator
How goes it, Ali bee?  Feel free to post in any of our discussions with any input you may have, we love having different opinions and insights!

Welcome to the board, hope to see you around!
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everybody, i'm new here thanks for writing . god bless you all
15 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Charlie,

How are you doing?  I agree that your health should come first.  Last year when I was having major anxiety my husband kept insisting that I should "tough it out" and keep going to work.  I think he just didn't understand the seriousness of it.  Well, I kept doing it and boy, did it ever wear me out!  I had to put so much energy into pretending everything was ok.  I was probably even more of a mess!  I kept pushing myself to the point that I was ordered to leave work pending a medical evaluation because I was having panic attacks on the job.  How humiliating!  Anyways, take the time for yourself.  You are most important.  Sometimes you just need time to rest and reflect.
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Charlie

I have to agree with everybody else. If taking time off of work will help then do it. Your health is the most important thing.

There is no need to feel guilty! I like what Diva said about focusing on the present moment. It can help allot. Whatever happens in two minutes time or two days or weeks- you will be able to handle it then. The same applies to the past. Just realising that at this very moment nothing is wrong. You are perfectly safe and well and no harm can befall you. It can be quite comforting. 

Reading this thread: