Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Is it 'normal'...

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for your kind words dazedmommy, it means a lot to me :) And yes I guess we do end up learning stuff from this lol

-Diva
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi...

I too agree.  I have felt like that and a perfect example is that I was panic / OCD free for years and I recently have been dealing with a setback and even with all of my gained knowledge etc from my previous triumph.. I was overwhlemed at times and thought.. this will never get better. 

Here I am though a month and a bit later and I'm feeling GREAT again.. it was a hard few weeks but I perservered and again I'm seeing the light and working through it.  I think for me personally, it will always be with me.. it's my personality a bit too.. Type A.. lol.. but each and everytime when I reflect on it (when I'm able to be more forgiving of myself) I find I have learned something and have grown from it. 

If life were easy it would be boring... lol...

You're perfectly normal and "this too shall pass".  Ups and downs through your journey are normal and expected.  Allow yourself to "feel"..it's ok.

DIVA - way to go girl!! With all that's going on you're doing amazing!!  You have obviously grown and learned too from this "challenge" we face..

Take care.

P.S: Yes I personnally think it is normal to think that when things are so hard.
Well congratulations Ivoryplum on your successes! I agree with Danielle, you should pat yourself on the back for it :)

As for feeling like you won't ever get better... I sure know the feeling. When it gets really bad I felt like that too. Like it was the end of life as I knew it and I would never feel better again.But if you need someone to say it can get better: IT ABSOLUTELY CAN GET BETTER!

Right now, life is hard on me. I am super exhausted from finishing my diploma, my cat might be dying (cause unknown, we don't know if he will get better or not...) and I might be losong my marriage shortly but I am not sure because the communication between my hubby and me is so bad I can't even figure out if he is in or out. Ok so I know this sounds like I am falling apart. Well that is the funny thing. A year ago I would have been terrified and having panic attack over panic attack and desperately in need of heavy sedation....Now, I am actually dealing with it and getting through it. Ok maybe not unscratched but still doing ok. Now that to me is a sign that I am better. Even with my life falling to peices I am holding on and coping. So I am here to say that it does can get better because if I can do it anyone can.

-Diva
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ivoryplum,

As you can see you're not alone! 

It's very achievable. Many of our members here have made tremendous strides in the management of their anxiety as can you!

Just keeping working through the program. Although the progress may seem slow, it's still progress! Pat yourself on the back!

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that thinks this.
I just wish that I could know for a fact that I'm going to be better soon.
I'll just have to keep pushing and hope for the best. : ]
Tonight I went to barnes and noble for an entire half an hour!!
and not once was I really anxious, I also walked around most of the bookstore.
3 months ago, I wouldn't have even though about going in...but recently I push myself to do so, and its generally not even close to as bad
as I always think its going to be.

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder this all the time.
I generally try to keep a positive attitude constantly, but of course...
I have my days where I just can't help to get down some because of how much I miss everything, especially my friends.
I'll just continue with this program, as well as the other things I'm doing (therapy, acupunctuer, anxiety workbook, etc) and hopefully
start seeing results soon. : ]
Thanks!!
15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have those thoughts all the time...I try to think of them as an anxious thought...its just not true...if you look up anxiety online it is very curable...you just have to find what works best for you..I am slowly getting better and am starting to look forward to what lies ahead for me...sometimes just thinking positive can help...
Just wondering if anyone else ever thinks that they won't ever get better...?
I'm guessing this is a normal feeling...since being better seems so out of reach when you experience all of this.
I mean, I know I have gotten better than I was 6 months ago...even 1 month ago, but its not a drastic change.
I guess I just need to hear from people that they used to not think they'd not get better, and now they are.

Also, to everyone thats been reading my post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum...I have my next acupuncture appointment in 45 minutes!!
Hope it goes well.
:  )

Reading this thread: