Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

could this be an anxious habit?

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota, If you acknowledge that you speak ahead, then you're already half way there. Try your best to let others finish if you believe that this is a problem for you. Take deep breathes while others are speaking and this will give you time to collect your thoughts. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, I'm guilty of this as well. I do it to slow talkers, I seem to be a question ahead of the answer. It drives my husband mad. I'm going to try harder not to do this, it's is not polite. Even if I know the answer, I asked. I will try to listen. maybe we are quick thinkers.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do that too. And it gets worse and wosre the more I am nervous. I am trying hard though to break that habit. But you are not alone.
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thud ! I do it too Minnestoa . But am getting better at not . Even dont listen properly because im thinking about what want to say .
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI, I find a lot of the time, I am in a conversation, but the other person is talking, and I just keep cutting them off and adding my two cents worth. I feel I need to get my sentence in without giving them a chance to carry on. I try not to but sometimes it happens. I know its annoying. Any suggestions?

Reading this thread: