Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Leapro causing insomnia~ Cant sleep!

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota, Do you get regular exercise in during the day? It may help to make you a little more sleepy at night. You can also try doing some relaxation exercises like Yoga or meditation. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to take Lexapro and I didn't have too much trouble sleeping but I did get sweaty during sleep. Yes, you may want to change the time you are taking it. And make sure that the dosage is the right dosage.
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I dont sleep well anymore, since my anxiety came back. I got sleeping pills but I felt too medicated so I stopped taking them. I take some sleepy teas, You have to becareful tho, check with the doc as some have reactions to anxiety meds. My doc said chamomile was ok. Some nights I sleep straight through and some, like last night, I slept for 3 hours, woke up..feel asleep properly at about 5:00 am. Also try not to have caffeine after 1:00 pm..I cut back on that big time, it sort of helps too.
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another tip may be taking your medication at a different time of day. I used to take mine before bed and now I take it in the morning and have found that I don't have as much trouble sleeping. I understand your hesitation about taking sleeping aids. Sometimes it feels like you start with one type of medication and then it just snowballs into you taking other medications to get rid of the side effects of another. It's a tangled web my friend.
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Devon7, You should follow your doctor's instructions. If he feels like you need a sleeping aid, it's probably best. You could also try doing some relaxation exercises before bed time, this may help to easy stress and tension and allow you to fall asleep faster. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i been on Lexapro for a month. Right away I got headaches but they wnt away. I woke up several times a nite. Now i cant get to sellp til 2-3 am and wake up at 10! I am used to falling asleep at 11 and getting up at 7. My doc says its not lexapro but it does list insomnia as a side effect. Does this side effect go away?> I hope so! Doc gave me sleeping aide which i wont take cause i know its the lexapro causing it. duh!

Reading this thread: