Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

If there is any opponent, please share your experience

16 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Madara, While it may be true that we may have to live with this disorder all of our lives I can tell you that for over 10 years I did not experience a high level of anxiety. I had gotten control of my thoughts and even if I did have a panic attack it was so minor I barely noticed it. Sometimes the simple act of saying out loud to myself "Oh I am having a panic attack" was enough to nip it in the bud. Yes, I was very upset when in the last year I began to experience them to a higher degree but I am also finding through this site and my own perserverence that I am getting things under control again, and coping better than when I first began getting the attacks when I was younger. I have tools now that I did not have back then and also maturity. I think now I am sick and tired of being "sick and tired". If you will excuse my language I was feeling pissed off at having to start over with all of this but I think my anger is what is keeping me going this time. I want a chance at a better life so I will not allow this to take my whole life over again. It can be difficult to be motivated when your are in the midst of period of extreme anxiety and panic but somehow we must find a way to re-claim our lives and who we are. Sorry for the long post but I believe we all can overcome this with support and hope. Thanks for listening.
16 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Of course, I knew it but still hoped it is not the truth. That panic disorder is not curable forever. It may be treated, accepted, learned to live with but not cured completely. It can repeat and return. If there is any opponent, I would like to hear his/her thoughts :) I don't want to sound pessimistic that is just the fact. We cannot change the fact, but we can change our attitudes.

Reading this thread: