Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,694 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Disturbing thoughts.......do u get this?

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, I'm so glad you're feeling a little better. It can be frustrating but keep persevering and keep working on managing your anxiety. There will be better days ahead. Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone again. Ok now i'm literally crying! lol. I just really thought i was alone on this one. I dont feel alone anymore. So i guess its normal for people with panic/anxiety to have these horrible thoughts. I guess i just obsess over them too much. I promise I will work on it. Its not easy...but hey, i will try. I had a really hard day yesterday as well. This voice inside of me keeps telling me something is wrong. I hate that voice lol And your right arteest, nobody will truly understand us. No matter how much i explain this to someone, there is only a certain amount of advice they can give us....its because they dont know what we are feeling. But we cannot be mad at them. We cant get upset at others for not understanding.....its because they really will never feel what we are going through. I am so thankful to have everyone here. I can just be myself and tell you everything i'm feeling without others judging me. so thanks. A million thanks. Isabelle, your so cute lol....thanks for admitting that you experiene this too. And to everyone else who posted here and who helps others everyday....thank you!
17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, I can TOTALLY relate to what you are saying. Some days just plain old wear you out. I think we're luckier than a lot of people though. This site has been a true Godsend. I have found the people on here to be helpful and insightful and above all else, understanding. That's something that people with panic situations don't find too often. I know for years family and friends have told me to "move on", "get over it" or quit being "so sensitive". (I understand now that it was just them trying to deal with an issue they knew nothing about, the best way they knew how.) My sister has helped me the most lately. We had a moment where we really connected and she told me to just "embrace my weirdness". I think of that and chuckle sometimes. I am an artist - so my biggest hurdle is: define "normal"? lol I think it's different things to different people. I just take ONE day at a time. Like today. Today was a good day. :) I hope you have one too.
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, Thank you for posting this. Everything that you said you feared in your first post, I feel the EXACT same way! It was like I was reading my own post because I live my life the same way you do. I constantly fear that something is wrong, that if I exercise I might die, or I might get into a car wreck or my loved ones may die. It is sooo hard to challenge these anxious thoughts because I have them so much. I wake up in fear, I live my days in fear of everything, and I go to bed in fear. I have my days and my moments when I feel somewhat "normal" but for the most part, even though I put on a happy face and pretend to be fine, I am struggling with my anxious thoughts all the time. I recently went on vacation and worried the whole trip that we were going to die in a car accident. I pictured dying a horrible death and it scared me sooo much. Then I felt relieved when we got to our destination but then I feared something bad would happen to me, like a heart attack or stroke, and help wouldn't get to me on time because we were on top of a mountain! Then the fear came back of dying in a car accident the 8 hour drive home. It was horrible that I didn't fully enjoy myself on vacation because I was distraught with fear. Anyways, thank you for posting this and let me know if you find anything that works for you. ~Isabella~
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Angel, I can sense your frustration dealing with this on a daily basis. I too am having a hard time and wish I could move beyond all the fears I have and be NORMAL. With the symptom tracker I can see a direct relation to how I feel and my cycle. The closer I get to it the more fearful I am. I encourage you to use the tracker to perhaps pinpoint when times are harder for you. I have also put up some inspirational thoughts on my bedroom door that I read each morning before I start my day. When I feel the anxiety coming on I say to myself "I challenge my thought process". It is not always easy to fight the fear but just keep plugging away at it and keep coming back here. At least here nobody thinks your crazy for thinking the thoughts you do because we all think similar thoughts.
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for your input. This is really great....i didnt think i would get responses. When i logged on today and saw all your posts, it almost brought me to tears! Its just cause this topic is sooo sensitive to me. I'm struggling everyday with my thoughts...even today. And it really drains me out. I'm trying to love and accept myself the way i am....but its really hard loving me like this. I have to work at it slowly and patiently. As you can see i'm running out of patience!!! I will try to challenge these thoughts. Its so hard though when i REALLY BELIEVE DEEP DOWN INSIDE that something IS wrong with me. So, if your mind is not in line with postiive thinking and true belief..its harder to accomplish what you want. Know what i mean? I just want to be normal........i just want a positive healthy life...mind AND body. Its so hard getting there. Do u feel like that? :confuse:
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow arteest thanks for sharing that. I find your way of seeing things as very positive and inspirationnal :) I really appreciate you sharing that way of seeing things with us. There are many health issuses in my family too so I thank you :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can relate to the "health issue" thing. My biological mother had a quad by-pass and several uncles have died of heart related issues, so I immediately questioned every little twinge I experienced. After a very "dark" time in my life and worry ruling my every day, I finally sought help. Having a "relationship" with my doctor helped me through the testing process and finding out that I had high blood pressure, thyroid and cholesterol issues. HOWEVER... rather than freaking me out (which I would have expected), the fact that we were being Pro-active with my health (changing my diet, getting medication, and increasing activity) seemed to reassure me that I was actually doing something to CONTROL what was happening to me. (I wasn't pleased to find out about my health problems, but my doctor told me that by attacking it face-on, I more-than-likely avoided worse issues later in life. Getting me to take medication was a bit dicey, but eventually we prevailed!) I feel that out of a bad situation came a positive thing. Because, while I DO have these health issues, they are being addressed and even corrected. I still have panic attacks, but with the help of this program and my doctor, I hope to be able to address those thoughts that drag me down and eventually correct the cycle of disturbing thoughts and bad feelings. I don't know if this helps or not. I just wanted people to know that it can get better. There IS hope AND help. And my heart goes out to all who suffer with these problems. Arteest
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angel, I am very much like you. I am always afraid I am going to have a heart attack. I try to control my thoughts and convince myself it is not real. I can longer watch tv shows that have health concerns or even commercials for that matter. Whatever I see, read, or hear about I think I have or will get. My situation is complicated by the fact that I lost a brother to a heart attack 5 years ago, so of course that is what I seem to focus on. We have to constantly challenge our thought process because we always think the worse is going to happen to us. I wish you all the best. :)
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, You've gotten some great responses from your fellow members. I can only echo them. These thoughts are not something you can control but you can control if you feed into them or challenge them. Keep working through the program. It will get easier but it takes time & practice. Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team

Reading this thread: