Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Memory.....cant remember a thing!

17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you all for your support. I appreciate it! ;)
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, Anxiety and stress can hinder our short-term memory. Keep challenging those anxious thoughts and focus on managing your anxiety. If you tackle the root source, the rest will follow. Keep persevering! Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Angel, From what i hear, it is normal for high anxiety and such to cause TEMPORARY problems with memore like memory lapses and such. I have heard that when you are anxiety is high it is tougher to focus your thoughts and so you forget things more. So once your anxiety goes down it should be easier for you to start remembering things again because your mind won't be so cluttered with all your anxious thoughts. Now that i have sais that i also want to let you know that I too have lapses in momory. When i have high anxiety i can put down my keys on the table and five minutes later i am looking for them not remembering where i put them. But i just take it as my mind is so preoccupied that it doesn't notice the rest. When i calm down this usually goes away. Anyway, hang in there. And if you want to have this checked out you should. When something bothers me that much i have it checked out, i tell myself it is my health my choice and nobody can say a darn thing about that. Take care, -Diva
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angel, I've had short-term memory lapses or when the memory is kind of vague. Blood works appear normal but have noticed that this happens when I am very anxious and tense, like today, I am just so uptight and not focussed. So you are not alone. Sometimes when the memory lapses happens, I jokingly tell myself that it is good that I don't remember the event as why would I want to recall an unpleasant event or moment! Hope it helps.
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you had your thyroid checked? I was just at my doctor today and he said that is a common symptom of a thyroid disorder, and good news if it is your thyroid, they can prescribe medication that can help. By the way, anxiety and panic are also symptoms so it could be very beneficial to have that checked out. In the mean time, try not to focus on it, I just try to laugh it off. Stay as positive as you can.
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. Just a little concerned here. My memory is not sharp anymore. I mean, its alright. I'm a really smart person and I did very well in schoool. However, I hardly remember short-term things lately. Its driving me nuts!!!! I just feel like my mind has so many scattered and random thoughts, so its soooo hard for me to remember certain things. And i never used to be like that before. I keep losing things and i cant find them...even if i was just holding it like 5 minutes ago. I have to think really hard....but still....no help! I'm a bit concered....actually.......veryyyy concerned. I keep overreacting like its alzeimers or something (God forbid). anyhow, anyone have any problems with there memory????? Your input would be great. Thanks! :)

Reading this thread: