Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Having mixed symptoms, help please :x

17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you SO much for the great tips. Isabella, thanks for refreshing my memory about the 'magnesium supplements', I read about that helping relieve muscle cramps and spams somewhere before too. I will most definitely look into that. Once again, thanks to everyone who responded. It helps a lot. ;)
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, You will need to speak with your physician about this one but I had muscle twitches in my eye for nearly two weeks and I had leg cramps as well. This was also around the time that I had severe heart palpitations. Anways, I spoke with my doctor and I began taking magnesium supplements and haven't had a problem with any of that since. Another thing, once when I started a beta blocker for my blood pressure,it actually caused leg cramps until my body adjusted to it so if you've started any meds recently it could be due to that so you could check with the pharmasist or physician on that one too. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas. I know what a pain in the a%$ muscle cramps can be. Take care and good luck with that. ~Isabella~
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, A few more ideas to try: * Massages * Physical activity (Helps to relieve tension) * Deep breathing * Yoga * Hot baths or blankets Also be sure to keep working on your anxiety. This will also help dissipate these symptoms. Danielle _________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well i sed to find massages used to help with muscle cramps and spasms by releasing muscle tension. Well that is until i started being anxious about getting massages lol But if you like massages it might help^^ I mean a bit of muscle tension release couldn't hurt! Well that is it from me for ideas, you already named the other ones i knew lol. Sorry i could not be more helpful! Hope you get better answers from some of the others! Take care and keep us posted on this! -Diva
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone here knows what else I can do for my muscle spasms and facial (mainly eye) twitches? I know that taking hot Epsom salt baths can help, as well as PMR (progressive muscle relaxation). The thing is that some weeks I just get such awful spasms (mostly in my legs, but they happen in my entire body anyways) to the point that it begins to hurt a little and my legs feel weak afterwards. So I am just wondering if anyone here knows what else I can do for this? I have never had problems with spasms or facial twitches until my panic disorder, so I am pretty sure it's just from the nerves. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a billion.~
Np i hope it helped.
Thank you very much Diva. It happens very quickly and for a short time usually, but who knows- it could very well still be depersonalization.
Have yuo looked in to the symptom of depersonnalisation? I mean i havent had it anytime lately so i cant quite remember what it really feels like. But it sounds a bit like that. Maybe somebody else could be more accurate for you... Sorry if i cant help more but i thought i would just throw that out there. If it is depersonnalisation, it is perfectly normal as part of a panic disorder and it is quite harmless. Anyway, hope somebody has a clearer answer for you... Take care! -Diva
Sometimes when my anxiety peaks really fast and hard, I get the feeling for a split second that I may just suddenly disappear (like I'm being lifted in and out of myself), has anyone here ever experienced this symptom? I believe it tends to happen more if I haven't slept well or am sick.
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi im delylah and actually im new here since yesterday you know last year i was having alot of panic attacs but by myself i want it to change to challenge this anyways i got pregnant and i didnt really had attaks wile being pregnant but noe my baby is 9 months old and i had star again since 4 months feeling anxious a lot you know me 2 i feel like you said specially when im at home and i start thinking about the day and the future i usually try to stay busy cleanb my home or take a shower if i can it helps me a lot keep going and dont give up just have faith take care.

Reading this thread: