Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

Exercise?

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isabella, This is normal, you're heart rate is suppose to increase when you're working out. You're heart is a muscle and you are doing a good thing exercising it. Treat this as you would any other trigger. Work at it slowly taking baby steps along the way. Consult a personal trainer or have your doctor refer you to a physiotherapist. He/she can give you some suggestion on low intensity exercises to get your started. Keep us posted. Danielle ___________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
David, Thank you for the response!! I really want to do cardio exercises but, like I said before, the pounding heart reminds me of a panic attack and I mistake it for one and then I have one. It is a horrible cycle that I am trying to get out of. I know exercise is such a stress reliever and also helps with insomnia and energy levels but I can't seem to do it out of fear of having an attack. I am trying to confront those thoughts and be more rational but it is a slow process. Thanks for the post. It made me want to exercise even more :)
17 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Exercise is an amazing way to feel good and gain back a sense of well being. It's not a magic pill, but it's done me a lot of good for over 25 years. I just did a short yoga workout with my wife tonight and am currently studying (trying to find time) to be a personal trainer. I find that cardio and yoga with weight lifting mixed in helps a great deal. There are times when I get too into working out and I do not know when to stop. That goes along with having OCD. I mentioned it's not a magic pill because nothing is, but if I had a bad day at work with some panic or just a stressful day, there's nothing like coming home and getting on my stationary bike and doing 30 minutes of moderate cardio. I have found recumbent bikes to be the best. We bought one a few months ago and there's hardly a night that goes where it's not used. Yoga is probably the best calming form of exercise. When I can get myself to relax enough, yoga can be very helpful. The stretching is the best part. It helps you with more oxygen and relaxation is achieved by stretching. It also is great for anyone who has injuries or just simple back pain. I hope this helped you a little. I'm currently in a down side of anxiety mixed with depression. I am waiting for the cloud to lift, and seeing your post about exercise really got me interested. Thank you. David
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really want to be healthy because I know that will effect my mood and pretty much all aspects of life. I do really well with eating healthy but I now have anxieties about exercising. I actually avoid it altogether because it triggers a panic attack. Even just walking at a fast pace is fine until I stop and my heart is still going. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any advice. I do yoga but feel that I need to do more cardio to help lower my blood pressure and lift my mood but I can't seem to do it. Any suggestions/responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reading this thread: