Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

forcing my breathing...

17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Adrienne, thanks sooo much for your post. The longer the better hehe. I'm glad that you guys messaged me back.....i was a bit worried about this. And no matter how many time I try to tell myself that I will be ok, i still think negative. So I believe i'm feeling better now that i read your posts. Knowing that others can relate to me really helps me calm down a bit and realize that this can jsut be anxiety. Thanks so much for your advice. I will use it for sure! Have a wonderful day! :)
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had the same problem. I felt for months that my breathing wasn't normal and that I almost had to remember to breath even though breathing is automatic. I was breathing too much, i think, because I started having really bad chest pains and chest discomfort. I find that breathing in through your nose for a count of 5 to 7 hold for a second then breath out slowly through your nose or mouth for a count of 7 to 11 really helps. It also lowers heart rate and blood pressure too. Another tip is to "reset" your breathing by exercising. I did this and it really does work. If you're like me and hate to exercise because you fear it may bring on a panic attack, do the breathing exercises and yoga conditioning for weight loss is an excellent alternative to the heart racing cardio programs. You aren't alone and you will be fine. I went through the same thing and I'm doing great now, as far as the breathing goes. The last entry said something about burping and this happens to me too. If i need to burp I sometimes feel short of breath until the burp comes out and then I feel so much better. The doc says it's acid reflux and I'm on zantac now but I still burp alot (LOL). Good luck!! Hope this helps. Sorry for such a long message ;)
Thanks Joe for your support! I appreciate your post. The problem with me is that i hardly burp lol. So maybe I should work on that more. I think it would help hehe!!!! Thanks for your help once again!! ;)
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, I often have this same problem when I am stressed, or am fearful of an coming panic attack. I have found that a lot of times it is simply a burp that won't come out. When I can get it out the relief is instant, and I feel I can breath again normally. Sometimes this is caused by inflamation, which is caused by acid reflux, which is caused by stress. Many times advil helps for me. Hope this may help you.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, There we go! Finally technology is working with us. :) If you're truly concerned, you could always consult your family doctor again to make sure there are no changes. Until then, try to change your focus to something else. Some members also find it helpful to learn deep breathing techniques. Feel better. Danielle ____________________________ The PC Support Team
Hi everyone, I'm hoping this message will get posted this time. This is the 3rd time i write it hehe. So i will try to make it short in case it doesnt work! Ok, does anyone get this?? Basically, My breathing for the past month feels forced. What I mean is, i try to take a breath but I dont' feel like its complete. I dont' feel that i'm satisfied with it.....it doesn't feel right. So then i take a deep breath quickly just to catch my breath. I cant really exlain it. I'm just so fed up. It happened the WHOLE day yesterday and now my chest is hurting. I already got my breathign checked out months ago and everything is fine. But I STILL think negative like something is truly wrong with my health. I'm not convinced its anxiety. i'm so nervous I'm just so angry and frustrated that this is happening. It hasn't happened in a long time and now its here every second. I have such a big headache from it. anyhow, i made this message too long! I hope anyone can respond and let me know what they think about this. thanks for your time.

Reading this thread: