Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Personal Question (being romantic)

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Arteest thanks for sharing :) And i agree with you. Since i started communicating more with my husband, things may not be back to normal but at least now he understands and he knows i still find him attractive and desirable and i still love him but that i am just battling some major issues and tired a lot and such. It made us being comfortable with each other much easier. Which is helping with my desensitizing goal about just having fun with him again. And i figure that desensitization once it is done will help with the intimacy/sex thing lol. Anyway, once again thanks Arteest. I really appreciate you trying to help people and answering them and such :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Arteest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Danielle ___________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all you brave souls. I just want to point out something... Along with all the anxiety related issues everyone has been talking about, there's another factor. A lot of intimacy issues can be intensified by certain medications. Sometimes the side effects can be loss of sexual desire. Also, a combination of medications can add to the mix. Add in the fact that we're just plain old worn out from trying to "battle our demons" each day and it's a complicated scenario. My husband and I have found that communication is key. It helps him to know that I don't find him unattractive and I still desire him. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Good luck to you all. Arteest
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, You've gotten some great advice from your fellow members and as you can see you're not alone. Mood does impact your libido so keep working through the program and if you need help with your depression, we have a sister site that may be of help to you: www.depressioncenter.net Keep us posted. Danielle ________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angel, I tend to agree with Diva. If you're waiting for the right moment to be intimate it can be a little scary because of all the new sensations you will be experiencing. I had feelings of panic the other night when I was with my mate. It came on so suddenly like I could not catch my breath. I took some deep breaths till it passed but I realize I had panic because of underlying problems I am having in my relationship. We tend to hold things in but at some point they will come out and at times we may least expect it. When the time is right for you talking out your feelings with your loved one may help some of the anxiety you are going through. Good luck
Hiya, Well you are not alone in this. I find that i have associated panic with the physical sensations associated to veing intimate (ex fast heart rate, faster breathing, etc...) So since my relapse i have been trying to find ways to do exposure work that will help me get over it. My husband has been very patient but it can't be easy on him. But i work hard everyday at getting my life back and that is something i will get back and so will you. Once your anxiety is lower and you are feeling better about yourself and your life i bet you your sexdrive improves too lol. Anyway, hang in there. I know how disturbing a problem in this area can be to married life. But by taking care of you, you will in part take care of that too. have a nice day! -Diva
17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva! Yes, I have. I have explained him that it is because of my "mental condition", because of my "illness" (I don't like to use this word). I hope he understands. But he is a man :D Sex is essential for him. I am not doing it with disgust, I am just feeling like being too lazy to have sex :D I prefer doing other things insted of having sex :)) It is not "old me", because "old me" really liked and enjoyed sex. But, I hope, someday everything will be OK :))
Have you talked to him about it and how it makes you feel? -Diva
17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, when my anxiety and depression periods are stronger and deeper, I really do not have any interest in sex. It is what we are having conflicts with my boyfriend about.:( I am having sex not wanting it :( nothing pleasant...
Well good for you i am happy for you! -Diva

Reading this thread: