Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

question about abdomen/digestive area

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rj, If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests. These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physicians advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. This may help better assess the situation for you both and pin point some areas. Hope this helps, Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get digestive issues when I get anxious as well. It's usually my first clue that my anxiety level is rising and it's sometimes a warning that I'm going to get palpitations soon. I get a knot at the top of my stomach. I then end up burping for the next 20 minutes to an hour to relieve that pressure. It's very uncomfortable and I can't eat until it passes. I'm pretty convinced it's caused by anxiety because if I take a Lorazepam, it starts to subside pretty quickly.
18 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't be nervous!! I always get stomach pains during anxiety attacks - which is very often. I get many symptoms & I always think the worst and nothing ever happens!! Like fainting, or dying - it is what we put up with having these attacks and what we are fighting to rid ourselves of. Don't let the thought process take hold on this, most probably - it is anxiety, but you just get it checked out so you know which direction to take... I am here if you need to talk ;)
18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok now i'm nervous lol :confuse:
Hi Angel, With digestive problems, it can be such a number of things - I had so many tests of many different kinds before IBS was confirmed - your Doctor would know more about it, but mine was associated with stress also... it is such a powerful thing. Take a list to your doctor of every symptom you have been feeling as you can forget when you get there - and you don't want to make your doctor as rich as I have made mine! Good Luck :)
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I work for a GI physician. I would definitely say to get this checked as it could be a number of things. Probably not much, but it is better to be safe than sorry in this area of medicine. I will say this, when I had exams I could not eat as I would immediately have to run to the bathroom. While I was driving to school, eating or not, i would get the same symptoms. I have/had ulcerative colitis, which they say you can never get rid of. I am not sure if what I had was ulcerative colitis, except I did get a colonoscopy. I just wonder if stress can cause a mimick of a disease. After it was brought under control 6 years ago, I have never had another symptom and do not take medication. Even my doctor is flabbergasted. Hope this helps.
Well, i am stressed out cause i have exams now. And i put a lot or pressure on myself to do well. But in general, i always feel TIGHT in my abdomen area. Like its always in knots or something. I cant seem to relax that area. So I know its a mixture of tightness and some kind of pain that is freaking me out. Its sort of making me feel sick. How do they check out if I have IBS? is it a blood test? ultra sound? let me know! thanks for responding
Hi Angel, I do get abdomen pain, sometimes enough to double over, sometimes like you've been stabbed, but you should get this checked out by your Doctor for sure. I have IBS (Irratable Bowel Syndrome - which was either contributed to having Panic Disorder or Panic Disorder contributed to me having IBS!) so it is not uncommon for me to get sharp pains etc. Are you feeling ok in yourself? Food can make you feel horrid if you are a little down?
Hello again. I have a question. Do any of you have pain in your abdomen, like all over that area??? Because i feel a lot of pain lately, especially after i eat and its making me feel sick. I am going to the doctor soon to talk about this, but i just wanted to know if any of you had this sypmtom? Eating is supposed to make you feel energtic right? Cause when i eat, i just dont' feel good after. So i wanted to see if this is related to anxiety or not! I will have it checked out soon. thank you

Reading this thread: