Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,692 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

anxiety Help!

18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Vanessa. Dont' worry, just because its back, it doesn't mean anything bad. I actually experienced the same thing not too long ago. I did experience about 3 weeks to a month of feeling stronger than this anxiety. Then all of a sudden, the panic attacks came back. I kept asking myself why i think its coming back. Keep questioning yourself.....don't go easy on this anxiety. Question yourself WHY are u feeling this way. What were you thinking about when you were feeling great that month.....and think about what you are thinking about now with the anxiety. Keep asking why, why, why, so what etc....until you get to the core of the problem. Maybe you are stressed out about something. For example, my anxiety increases with school and exams etc.....thats why its comign back for me. try this strategy. I hope it helps. I reallyhope you feel better. Those great moments are the best. At least you know that there is hope for you to feel this way.......free from anxiety one day!
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Vanessa. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Have you tried the CBT program on this site? It's a step-by-step program that you should definitely use especially if you are finding the meds are not enough. In fact, research shows that meds are not very effective alone, they are most effective if combined with a serious CBT program. You could also look into whether your city offers any CBT groups. I am in one right now and it is helping tremendously. I know I must sound like a CBT commercial that just won't shut up, but I have found it so tremendously effective, I don't think anyone with anxiety should go another day without starting a CBT program. Caitlin
18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today was a really bad day for me.I have been feeling great for more then a month.I don't know why this Anxiety is commin back. Has this happend to anyone?I'm so sad, upset, and scared. I really though the Effexor was working and now this.I am thinking maybe there is something physically wrong with me. _Vanessa

Reading this thread: