Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Anxiety attack? - Always felt nauseous...

21 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. I am new here as well, but I wanted to let you know that I understand what you are going through. I will often get very nervous when I go places and sometimes I will feel like I am gagging. This causes me to dry heave. It's horrible, so I know how you feel and how much this completely SUCKS!!! The best thing to do is work through it without bringing on more symptoms. I have problems doing this though. Take a couple deep breaths and just think about the fact that the feeling will go away soon. It always does. It will pass, and even though it sucks that it is there, we can work through it.
21 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I completly understand the symptoms you are discribing. i too get that way often, when i feel so anxious that nothing feels better than rushing to the bathroom and trying to throw up. Sometimes I do throw up, and that makes me feel a lot better. But a lot of the time I just dry heave, and that seems to help as well. I suffer from acid reflux disease so I thought that was the main cause at first, but my anxiety brought with it a few other symptoms as well, such as detachment, light-headedness, rapid heartbeat and sweaty palms/dry mouth. I have been dealing with this for 2 1/2 years now, however not on a consistant basis. I tend to get more panicky during the holidays or when I am very stressed. i thought i could control it, but I have figured out the hard way that no matter how strong I think I am, I can be reduced to a puddle in a mere second when my anxiety decided to take control. For the last 5 weeks I have been on lexapro, the first step i have taken to try and rid myself of this bothersome anxiety. At first my doctor put me on 10mg, but it was too strong. So, now I am taking 5 mg once a day and my head feels a lot more relaxed. the side effects were minimal (and pretty much non-existent on 5mg). So far so good. I am hopeful. However, i also know that I am a strong person, and with God's help I know I can beat this. After all, i am only 24 and I have so much more of life to experience.
21 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning, Thank you for visiting our site and letting us know how you are feeling and what you face on a daily basis. It is great to hear that you are visiting your Doctor when these symptoms occur. I am sure that your Doctor is wanting to help you in any which way that he or she possibly can. You are saying that medication is not helping you right? Have you discussed this with your Doctor? Maybe he or she can find you a medication that works best for you? There are many people that have to try different drugs in order to control the symptoms they are experiencing. The Panic Center offers you many techniques that may help you understand what you are facing. If you look to the left of this page you will see a heading "TOOLS". Under this heading are many tests and programs that are free to you and everyone visitng this site. Have you tried our Anxiety test? This test is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. We also offer a Panic Program. This Panic Program is divided into twelve weekly sessions. All information that is obtained by you is strictly confidential! If you feel that you need more information or assistance then this support group is always available to you seven days a week 24 hours a day. Thank you for visitng us and we look forward to hearing from you again soon. Melanie This message was edited by melanie on 1-7-03 @ 9:41 AM
21 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, I am new here. I have a question for anyone who can help me. I am not sure whether I do have anxiety/panic attack or not. Over the past 10 years, I often felt nauseous no matter where I go, it just happened out of the blue. When I had that nauseous sensation, my heart beat went up and I felt nervous and disorientated about my surrendings. I wanted to go home or if I couldnt at that time, I would go to the bathroom. I didnt want anyone to see me like that and I wanted to be left alone. Once I was in the bathroom, I would gag and feel like I want to vomit. I would gag several time before I return to normal condition. I guess I'm always afraid of vomiting in front of people and I dont know why. These episodes ocurred quite a few times a day or lasted over a few days. It often affects my social life because I am afraid it will happen sometime somewhere. I get that naueuous feeling especially when I was stressful or nervous (e.g. before job interview, presentations...) It does occasionally occured when I was alone too. Originally I thought I had too much acid in my stomach but it's not case after the test. My doc prescripted Amitriptyline for me 2 years ago. I felt better at that time and I stop taking Amitriptyline for a while. However, it comes back last year, I was then back on Amitriptyline for 3 months and it seemed not working for me anymore. Then I stopped and my doc prescripted Paxil 10mg for me. After reading all the horrible side effects on Paxil, I now think twice on taking Paxil. I want to be treated without any medication. Any suggestion? Or does anyone out there experience similar situation that I have? Thanks

Reading this thread: