Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Grateful

8 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So inspiring and congrats on 4 months. As we work through the steps we experience the place of neutrality as the book says. The desire is gone. We become guides for others. I know many will not take it but there will be a few desperate like your sister who will see the light and join us. Thats how the disease is, only a few realize that they are doomed and pursue this to the gates of insanity. I saw a guy on wheel-chair in the rooms, 2 weeks ago he was involved in a car wreck. Prior to that he would have scoffed when somebody had mentioned AA. Eckart talks about this, you never know what is good and what is bad for individuals. For some, the worst situation made them realize the truth.
8 years ago 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today, I am grateful to wake up sober and know that I will go to sleep sober tonight.  

Saturday was a long day for me.  I battled little thoughts of lonliness and self-pity a few times throughout the day, but I kept close contact with my higher power and still had an ok day. In the afternoon, I went to an online meeting, where I saw my little sister, who joined our fellowship a few weeks ago.  She was having the best day!  She had ventured into the wine aisle at the grocery store for the first time in her sober life and moved on without buying anything.  She was SO excited.  My entire day changed!  Instantly, it became one of the best days ever!  She went on to tell me how proud her husband was of her, and I could tell that she was noticing the changes in her life that we already see.

See, less than a month ago, little sister showed up at her first meeting, scared and sober for only a few hours.  She was intimidated and humiliated.  I befriended her, and was put in the position and given the right message to pass along to her in her first days.

Today, I see these changes in her life, and how it is affecting her husband and family in a positive way.  To watch her follow the same simple set of instructions that I followed with so much courage and love inspires me, because I know that all the promises that are coming true in my life are about to unfold in her life, before all of our eyes.  

To see that is uplifting, and it humbles me greatly.

And then, I checked my email to see that ANOTHER friend had resisted the temptation this weekend!!  Life just gets better and better.

Have an AAwesome day!!
CF

PS - Oh yeah, I've been sober 4 months today.

Reading this thread: