Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Words

9 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Mouse! 
I am new here and looking for motivation to cut back on my consumption. I definitely feel the serotonin sucked right out of my brain after a particularly boozy weekend. It takes days of clean living to get it back. Worth it though!
June
9 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Mouse, You are just what I need, that is to remind me of the difference between drinking and not. Wishing you all the best, keep going
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Mouse. I've been thinking the same thing quite a bit lately. It's been a while now since I stopped and I can honestly say life is SO much better not drinking. I never wake in a "down" state, even when I am over-tired from lack of sleep. I sleep way better now as well. And a lot of the time I feel really happy, in a deep, contented way. I find myself saying "I'm so happy right now" or I feel very positive just moving forward in my day. 

Now that the alcohol is gone I find the areas I need to work on and correct are very much at the forefront of my mind, especially the negative dialogue and it's toxic effects. I didn't notice the subtlety of it but now it's painfully obvious,even the smallest amounts. Glad to have the opportunity to change.

I read your blog Mouse. It reads like the notes in my daily dairy on the tracker here when I first quit. 

Excellent post. Keep up the great work Mouse.

Dave
9 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mouse,

Great success and great sharing!

Keep up the good work!

Josie, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am only on my third weekend free of alcohol, but I thought that I would post a few words to show the difference in how I feel from three short weeks ago.
When I was drinking;
Low, depressed, anxious, embarrassed, no concentration, physically ill, mentally exhausted, unmotivated, moody and tormented.
Now I'm not drinking;
Calm, motivated, stable, happier, creative, content, able to give love back, full of potential, optimistic about the future, SAFE.

I hope to feel like the second set of words for a long time to come. (Fingers crossed)

Reading this thread: