Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello

5 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

I feel honoured that you have chosen to reach out here. It sounds like you are ready for this change. Congrats on over 3 days! How was this past weekend for you?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I’m just on day five, gets easier every day, even not tempted when around my friends whomI regularly drank with. Stay with it and keep yourself busy with alternate fun beverages and other activities. Reading and cooking have been helpful for me.
5 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's a ridiculous vicious circle alcohol can put you in and I want it to stop. 

Yes, indeed is a vicious cycle. The mind forgets the consequences and tricks us into taking the first drink. And then the drama begins, we end up drinking more than originally planned for. Thats powerlessness over alcohol. Inability to leave the drink alone, knowing that its hurting us. If you are ok with meeting new fellow people in recovery you may visit one of the local AA meetings.

Good luck with your recovery. Its a great space to be in to realize we have a problem and willing to take action.
5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been an alcoholic for approximately 15 years and I'm tired of living two lives. 

One life, I am well liked and respected at work and can even enjoy social drinks without losing control but then there's the other side that has me getting obliterated on my own, crying in the fetal position for 48hrs. 

I'm very lonely and alcohol only makes me want to isolate myself further for fear of being a burden. It's a ridiculous vicious circle alcohol can put you in and I want it to stop. 

I'm on day 3 of sobriety and going through the usual cravings but this is the first time I've decided to reach out in anyway. My goal is to maintain a clear head and to accept reality as it is.

This is a great resource!

Good luck to everyone!

Reading this thread: