Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Quit smoking on 10th May

4 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Claire,
 Congratulations for being smoke free for a whole week already, that's awesome!   "I have been smoke free for 1 week, which is a major achievement! " It sure IS a MAJOR achievement, and you have every right to be proud of yourself too. It makes you feel kind of warm and tingly inside doesn't it?  "I have been very, very tired this week and spaced out but I'm taking it steady." Totally normal at the start of a quit journey, so don't worry about it too much. Your body will become accustomed to your new lifestyle in time. "a bit frustrated and scared." Again normal, but look at yourself now. It's been SEVEN days since your last cigarette! Scared possibly because you didn't know if you could do it, and not really knowing what lies ahead on your journey. It sounds like you are doing great Claire, keep your quit going. Sparrow and Pappy have given you some good advice too. Just take it one day, one hour one minute at at time, and don't worry too much about the future. Keeping a diary is another great part of your quit journey. It's also nice to look back on once your quit is WELL under control. Sometimes you'll get a chuckle out of what you wrote.  And if you happen to slip, it can help you get right back on your path to freedom from this nasty addiction. Keep us updated on your progress okay?
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,171.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 4

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Claire
You sound really excited and lm excited for you. Youve passed the first week which was for me definitely the hardest. Great that you have a holiday to look forward to and awesome reward. The change of scenery might help you to not think of smoking as much. You deserve to reward yourself often in the beginning. The tiredness will pass and youll soon get your energy back. Being scared is normal too. Its scarey to think of failing when youve put the hard work in. I still get scared at 10 weeks. Stay vigilant but dont think too far ahead. Just focus on now. Good luck!
  • Quit Meter

$13,824.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 101 Hours: 1

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Claire, and welcome to the group.  Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. 7 days is a great milestone as you have made it through what we all call "Hell Week". There is a ton of information here on the website so when you have a chance take the time to browse through I think you will find it to be quite helpful. Stay strong and keep us updated as to your progress, we here to support you.
  • Quit Meter

$16,065.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 8

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all.

I quit smoking on the 10th May and I have been using NRT. I actually began using patches and the inhilator 6 weeks ago and was still smoking a bit. I have been smoke free for 1 week, which is a major achievement! I am really happy to be part of a community as I think it is so helpful. Thank you for being here!!! I have been very, very tired this week and spaced out but I'm taking it steady. I am off on holiday on Sunday for a week, so it is a reward for my progress and I'm so happy with where I am at, if a bit frustrated and scared. But I am doing quite well I think. I have been using a CBT diary which is helpful to get thoughts out of my head. 

Thank you for being here guys, would be great to make friends/ support you all as you understand all this stuff.

Thanks,

Claire  :   )  
  • Quit Meter

$13,597.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 163 Hours: 18

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter