Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Weekend relapse

5 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear about your slip Eliza.

I am so glad you have bounced back so quickly and you are ready to recommit. You sound determined. I am glad you will be staying close to the boards. We will be here to help you through it.

What do you think triggered this last slip? How do you think you can prepare for it this time around?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eliza,
 Sorry to hear about your slip, but I'm also glad to hear that you are not giving up and you are back on your quit journey. Do you know why you slipped, and do you think you can you beat it the next time it happens?  16 days was a great start for your journey. Now you have to go through the detox all over again. Sure hope you learned something from your slip. It does happen sometimes though, so don't beat yourself up over it. Live and learn and get back on your journey. You'll beat this addiction one of these times I'm sure. 
 Keep your guard up at all times, and stay strong. Wish you the best!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 15

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back into the ring today, glad to see you came back so soon!  And now you have 16 days of invaluable knowledge and experience under your belt to take forward with you.  You know the thoughts and behaviours that preceded your relapse on the weekend, and so you'll be able to see them coming next time and recognize them for what they are. I'm looking forward to reading about this next week in your quit!
5 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, 

I made it 16 days smoke-free, and relapsed on Friday and ended up smoking on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm just grassing myself up on here so that I can re-commit to my quit and go smoke-free once more.

So, I've got my new quit date, and I'm trying to feel optimistic and brave about this quit. I'm going to try and stay close to this group and keep on pushing for a smoke-free future, starting with today, one day at a time. 

Eliza x  
  • Quit Meter

$363,312.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 3220 Hours: 5

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked