Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I quit on April 5th

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Treelover!

It looks like a great quit you have going on!  As Tim said, there is lots of info. on this site.  Do take advantage of it!

I hope lots of would be quitters could read your post, as you did the most important things - (1)  Prepared really well before your quit.  (2)  Took one day at a time.

Never Look Back!  The Future is Ahead! 

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Treelover,
 Wow almost two weeks already. Sounds like you are doing GREAT!  You've past the hard physical part already, and now you just have the mental part to deal with. You seem to have the right attitude too, a CAN DO attitude. Have you rewarded yourself yet for your great accomplishment? 
 Feeling blue is part of the steps to quitting. Anger, depression, feeling like you've lost your best friend are all a part of the healing process. Do check out the forums here, there is a lot of good hints and tips to help you on journey to freedom from smoking. If you ever get an urge to light one up, stop in here 1st and leave a message. Hopefully by the time you've left the message the urge will be gone.  Hang in there and just take it one day at a time, and fight that urge to smoke.

• Quit Meter

$23,171.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 1

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit on April 5th and I am very happy about it. Today I feel a little blue, which I haven't felt before but it's one of those days.  All in all I am quite happy and just ready to have a weekend and feel great!  That is after 30+ years of smoking so I'm kind of amazed.  I got myself ready for this mentally and am just taking it one day at a time.

Every day I woke up and tell myself:  my only real job today is not to smoke!

Reading this thread: