Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

No Shame

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Humble!!!

I think what Lolly actually meant to say was something more like never quit quitting!  I hope all is well with you and that you are seriously kicking some nico-demon ash!     
         Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,175.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1057 Hours: 6

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Humble,

Please quit quitting!!!!  Make this the last time you quit!  Don't ever have to go through it again! 

You do seem to be ready for the craves.  Hope you have many small rewards ready too!

Now with your total change of lifestyle, you can be ready to enjoy the amazing feeling of self-esteem and Freedom that quitting brings.

It would be great to visit your son as an ex-smoker, and, by that time, you will be well on your way to your forever quit.  All you have to do is take one day at a time, and.....

No matter what, whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!!! 

Love Lolly.    

10 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you are doing great Humble! We will never give up on you.

You are making tons of positive changes. How does it feel tobe in control of this?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hey Humble!

Way to go!  Having a great reward to celebrate the end of your first smoke-free week sounds great!  New clothes sounds great... fresh smelling clothes!  Others have also detailed their vehicles, too, for a fresh, clean smelling car!  Keep an open mind and you'll find all sorts of things to keep you busy.

I hope you are doing well so far!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,175.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I asked myself, why wait, and so Today Is The Day.  Everything related to smoking has gone into the garbage.  When Valentine's Day rolls around I'll buy myself something real nice like maybe new clothes.  btw, I also tossed the gum out.  Reading Allen Carr~~ "Accept no substitutes!"  I'm off to see the Wizard.

Great ideas, Jim.  Thankyou.  I have an old friend, a quit buddy, who quit when he was my age and lived to tell the tale 12 years later.  We are going to be getting together for support.  He needs a housemaid and I need a staunch ally:)  I have the gum if need be, mints and raw veg, etc.   My son will be taking me out this afternoon for a few cases of bottled  water.  Onward the wagons.
Hi Humble! 

You've picked a great day to begin your journey and a great day for your heart!    Keep psyching yourself up with positive self talk and start getting used to the thought of never ever smoking another!  N.O.P.E. is our motto and we commit to Not One Puff Ever!  Also, start collecting goodies for your crave basket... NRT's (?), mints, gum, a big ol' bag of carrots and celery, plastic straws, etc.!  If you do a search on "crave basket", I think there is a thread on the forums with lots of ideas.

Another good quote that I always liked goes along with yours about fear and comes from the book Dune, by Frank Herbert...

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

We're not going to give up on you, so don't give up on yourself!  Prepare yourself well and crave your quit!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,175.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank You, Jim.  I plan to give myself the gift of Freedom on Valentine's Day.  Sink or swim, count me in.  If giving up the addiction shows masked health problems they will be dealt with.  "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."  I have always prided myself on being a free bird, and with the strength and determination of the mighty Eagle I will no longer be caged.
Hey Humble!!!

Welcome back!!!  If you never .quit quitting, your forever quit IS going to happen!!!  Nicotine addiction is pure hell and I don't know anyone who was successful on there first attempt.  That's usually because we really don't know if we can do it and we sort of give ourselves an out.  Once we get in our brains that we really do want our freedom more than we want to smoke things happen!  Remember to keep a Positive Mental Attitude and start putting a whooping on that nico-demon!  

Crave your quit and this summer you WILL be an ex-smoker with that extra cash in your pocket!    We're all rooting for you!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,175.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank You for being a friend, Red.  Someone once said, "It's easy to quit, I do it all the time."  I say this will be my last quit for good.
I want to visit my son this summer in BC as an ex-smoker.  Just imagine traveling without all the encumbrances and more money in the pocket:)

Reading this thread: