Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

18 hrs without a cigarette

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shannon!!!

Way to go!  I hope that I read further posts this afternoon and that they are as positive as this one!  One day, one hour, one minute at a time... N.O.P.E... Not One Puff Ever!  We're all rooting for the both of you!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 2

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Shannon,

I hope you are so proud to have completed your first day as a non-smoker!  Congratulations! 

Knowledge is power indeed!  Keep learning, keep posting and stay strong!

Never Look Back!  The Future is Ahead!            Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!

Love Lolly. 
11 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Working On It

Hi Vincenza - Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I feel that knowledge is Power.  And, knowing that the cravings will come and go and only last for a short time is ammo.  I have learned so much from the tools on the website as well as the kind group and all the great feedback.  And, I will continue to post....just made it ONE full day without a cigarette!!!
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Proud of you, hopeful2. You can do this!
  • Quit Meter

$22,562.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 603 Hours: 2

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hopeful2, 

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.  It's great to hear that your boyfriend is quitting as well.  It is often very hard if one partner is still smoking.  Everyone will have different coping mechanisms and you will find what works best for you.  
What strategies do you have in place to help you overcome cravings?  Post often with us to let us know how we can help.  Good luck in your quit!!
Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, I had my last cigarette yesterday at 3 pm.  In just 6 short hours, I will have one day down.  Granted, I slept 12 of those 18, but I still will have one day down.

I was planning on cold turkey, but my anxiety sent me to the doctor, and the doctor suggested NRTs.  So, I will be chewing the gum until I am mentally ready for the physical withdrawal.

My boyfriend is going cold turkey.  He is out on the same patio that we do all our morning time smoking, having his coffee.  I feel that he is torturing himself, but to each their own.

Pray for me...

Shannon

Reading this thread: